mid '80s Ebbtide boat tilt / trim switches

RCAUTO

Cadet
I have a mid 80s Ebbtide 16' bass boat. It has three tilt and trim switches. One up front in the bow panel, one on the control handle mid ship and one on the stern. The stern one is very useful when raising the motor up to put a brace under the motor. My issue is my stern switch no longer works, but the other two do. Anyone have a hint on testing this switch or rewiring. I assume they are wired together somehow because they all three work the same electric motor but I know NOTHING. I could have even kicked off a wire under the console but I dont think so. This just happened, no pre indications of trouble.... Thanks

bassfearmee

Seaman Apprentice
Re: mid '80s Ebbtide boat tilt / trim switches

I have the same boat, it's a 1986 model Dyantrack. I have found that some of the leads on the wires that plug into the back of the switches are loose/corroded. I unplugged each wire and cleaned with wd40 and wiped down with steel wool. This may be the issue with your switch, I have only two trim switches, one up front on the bow and one at the helm. There should be some screws that hold that switch in, just take the switch out and clean those wires real good.