88 Ebbtide Dyna Trac

Trickworm

Cadet
Question: Where is the bilge pump located at on this model boat. I believe I need to replace it, but so far can't seem to locate it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 88 Ebbtide Dyna Trac

I had a 179 DynaTrac and mine was in the bottom just to the right of the drain plug.

Trickworm

Cadet

Thanks. Any information on how to access it easily? And please don't tell me I have to remove the gas tank. :^

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I won't tell you then, sorry, but that is about the only way to get to mine. I was lucky and never had to replace it.:%

Trickworm

Cadet

:'( Well then? That looks like an over the winter affair I guess.

RCAUTO

Cadet

Trickworm said:
Question: Where is the bilge pump located at on this model boat. I believe I need to replace it, but so far can't seem to locate it.

RCAUTO

Cadet

I have a similar boat and needed to change the pump. I am a BIG man but had no issues. I reached down and pulled the old bilge pump out of the base plate, cut the wires, laid them to the side, discarded the old pump and removed the old base plate. I just tore it out as the screws were rusted and I didnt want to distrub the soundness of the base floor/fiberglass. I bought an auto bilge pump that came apart (base and pump) I smeared some water proof glue/sealer on the bottom of the base and set it down inside the rear hold, not in the same place as the old one but still with the discharge outlet facing stern. I then taped off the old wires to not cause a short and ran two new wires direct from the battery terminals, constant power, no shut off switch to accidenty leave off was my goal. I let it all set until the next day. I attached the discharge hose to the outlet of the pump and snapped it down on the base........NOT A PROBLEM ...good luck