89 model Ebbtide Dynatrac

Sivart

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can anyone tell me if this is a good boat?<br />It is a 18 ft fish and ski. Does Ebbtide have a decent reputation for having a good boat?

red10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 89 model Ebbtide Dynatrac

i have a ebbtide dynatrac 17'6" sk, i love it, she handles pretty well and has the johnson 150 on it, i get around 55mph with it

Sivart

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What year is your boat? Have you been happy with it? What prop is on the motor? The guy told me over the phone that this one runs out at around 55mph also.<br />Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to educate myself before I look at the boat.<br />Thanks.

red10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

its a 1983 and i have a stiletto stainless 3 blade 21 pitch prop, i also have a stingray hydrofoil on it, i think i need to raise the motor up one notch. I think ebbtide makes a pretty solid boat and its great for fishing.

DoctorCAD

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have an 84 dynatrack 18' with a Merc Black Max 150 and a Turbo SS prop and a hydrofoil. I have gone GPS verified 63 mph. Normally I run at 30 mph and it is smooth as glass at that speed.<br /><br />I have had a few issues (bought used) with bad wires and a soft floor, but the boat is pretty good. Repairs were easy.