1956 Duracraft resurection

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
this is how this began with a $200 hull.

duracraft.jpg

3ac4_1.jpg

4042_1.jpg

MVC-031S.jpg

SubNavy

Recruit
Re: 1956 Duracraft resurection

I am writing for my first time. I do not do restorations because I have none of those skills. I am handicapped and cannot do the labor. I am in need of a solid fishing rig in the 14-20 ft size. I want to get on the water as I am retired Navy Submarines and I miss the waves.
I found a 1957 Duracraft boat, I do not know if it has a model name or not. If anyone knows please tell me.
The boat has a matching 1957 Brooklure 25 hp, V-twin, electric start, electric choke LONG SHAFT motor that runs great. I have the original 52 year old owners manual, another shop manual and in that manual are personal lists of restorer's and mechanics and parts places for this motor. There are about 15 people with addresses and phone numbers.
I have a 1958 trailer under the boat that has a single, cross axel leaf spring for suspension. it is pretty interesting to see.

I have the titles for all three of these items. It is a pretty little blue boat that I think someone who knows what a find it is could really do a lot with very little effort compared to some of the "project" boats I see folks begin with. Please tell me what you think I could get for the boat in as is condition.

I think I am going to sell it. As I just bought it yesterday, I have 30 days to register it. If I sell it before then it would be nice.

Whatever happens the purchaser must arrange delivery or pickup, right?
Can you all tell me some pitfalls of selling a package like this? Share with me please?

Please see my photos and write back to me with some friendly advice before I actually list it for sale.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42827912@N02/

Thank you all,
Very Respectfully,
Joe