Dorsett San Juan 19

outboardr

Cadet
I've been shopping for another Dorsett San Juan, trying to find one that doesn't need new transom, stringers, deck etc.

Pics are of a 1963 San Juan I'm negotiating on at present (Nov 2010).

Attachments

• DSCF9016.jpg
    DSCF9016.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF9004.jpg
    DSCF9004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF9018.jpg
    DSCF9018.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1

Eduardo

Cadet
Re: Dorsett San Juan 19

Welcome Bill, Outboardr. I want one of those seats. Sweet San Juan and my favorite color on the water too. Good luck with her.

Eduardo

monterey 19

Recruit

Welcome Bill, Outboardr. I want one of those seats. Sweet San Juan and my favorite color on the water too. Good luck with her.

Eduardo

hi eduardo,im retoring a san juan 19 and i need both the san juan plus dorsett emblems for the project. do you know where i can find them

Eduardo

Cadet

hi eduardo,im retoring a san juan 19 and i need both the san juan plus dorsett emblems for the project. do you know where i can find them

Dorsett San Juan 19, I don't have any and the are becoming harder to find. You may want to check the Fiberglass Classics Forums, like Northwest Classic Boat Club, Golden State Glassics, and Fiberglassics and post a Wanted ad for them. I know Rick out of the Northwest had some made; not sure if he has any left though. Good luck with finding a decent pair without the broken spears.

BTW: where are you located? What state?

Eduardo
'60 Dorsett Catalina
'58 Dorsett El Dorado

monterey 19

Recruit

eduardo, i am located near monterey ca and i am about one week from getting my 1966 dorsett sanjuan in the after a full restoration. added several items whitch ill mention later.thanks for the info on emblems.

outboardr

Cadet

I just bought a 1966 Dorsett San Juan. Pics coming after I pick it up tomorrow. Bought it prior to seeing it in person so cross your fingers....

outboardr

Cadet

Where are the pics??

Here are a few pics, this is as found and on the way home.
R1-06626-025A (Medium).jpgR1-06626-016A (Medium).jpgR1-06626-023A (Medium).jpgbest (Medium).jpgP8050059.jpg

There are more pics, and Dorsett boat brochure pics up over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicdorsettboats/

I'm used to having boats with color, kind of new having an all white boat.

The cored bottom is very stiff on these boats. She's a bit smaller than the first series Dorsett San Juan.

yabuoy

Seaman

Great looking boat. Talk about a retro interior! The San Juan has one hell of a good look to it. How well does your SUV tow it? Looks like it handles it well

island mike

Chief Petty Officer

Nice!
Ill bet you will make her even nicer.
Good luck!