Doral still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, does anyone know why the Doral website disappeared?

Is the company still alive?

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Doral still alive?

Maybe you won't be getting your boat fixed, Mike?

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think that is the "old" website. Normally it is doralboat.com but it is indeed gone.

Based on the new owners business practices I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the tank.....

What do you mean? What are the new owner practises?

ems1ed

Cadet

Hi everyone,

I was just at a Doral dealer near my place and he told me that Doral almost went bankrupt about 2 months ago and were bought out by another company. No idea which company bought them out bought apparently it's gonna be a pain in the butt to get parts and accessories right now. I was told the turnaround time when you order is like 8 weeks. I just purchased a 1999 250 SE and needed some replacement parts and that's what they told me. Does anyone know a place I could go to maybe get my hands on some 2nd hand parts. Sometimes somebody will have spare parts hanging around. I used to belong to a motorcycle forum and we'd swap parts all the time. It was great.

Anyway, hello to all and safe boating ;)

Ed

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

According to the daily newspaper Le Nouvelliste, Doral recently filed for bankruptcy protection, as the company finds itself on shaky ground after its first attempt to relaunch. Last March, all Doral employees were let go.

Denis Polisseno, who acquired the company in 2011 after its first bankruptcy claim, made this decision after rejecting a second offer from Investissement Qu?bec. According to Le Nouvelliste, Doral International currently owes $5.4 million to some 150 creditors in Quebec, Ontario and the U.S.

Currently, the company is hoping that it will be revived with help from new investors or owners.

Sad news but not surprising.

shortonvt

Cadet

I guess thats why my recent email inquiring about a new waste tank sender went unanswered. I'll keep my fingers crossed because I love the design and style of the boats.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So, dies anyone have a phone number or an email that we can contact someone from Doral ?
They might have some parts in stock that they wanna get rid off......

tpenfield

Staff member

If they have filed for bankruptcy, then the liquidators take over . . . not 'their' stuff any more.

what kind of parts are people looking for? i find that most boat stuff is not from the manufacturer. trim, cabinetry, panels, cup holders, branded towels/plates, are boat brand. everything else, like waste tank sender, vacuflush, water pump, cabin door, etc is usually from some other manufacturer that you can buy without Doral.

tpenfield

Staff member

what kind of parts are people looking for? i find that most boat stuff is not from the manufacturer. trim, cabinetry, panels, cup holders, branded towels/plates, are boat brand. everything else, like waste tank sender, vacuflush, water pump, cabin door, etc is usually from some other manufacturer that you can buy without Doral.

Yup, I do the same sort of thing. . . when something busts on the boat . . . I usually look for some sort of manufacturer's ID or number on the part and source it directly . . . sometimes I just search the web and I find the matching part. Once in a while I contact the boat manufacturer (which no longer applies with Doral).

for my boat some examples are: the locking door latch to the cuddy . . . it is a Perko #918 latch set. The circuit breakers . . . some sort of aircraft type made in Europe :confused:. The vinyl for the seats . . . Nautolex from Omnova. Deck Hatches . . . Bowmar. Gauges/Senders . . . VDO/Siemens. Trim Tabs . . . Bennett. Cleats . . . Sea Choice

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I actually need new replacement vinyls for the cockpit seats.
A complete kit.
As far as I know they made these in house........
For the rest, we all do the same thing.........

Status
Not open for further replies.