We want to see your boat!

Pulse8

Cadet
Re: We want to see your boat!

DrrroooooLLL !! 500 hp in a boat that looks like a normal boat. You sir are my Idol! Keep the pics coming, Cant wait to see procharger set-up!

Cheers Rick.

Yes thats what keeps me going, its lioke my GMC TYPHOON truck you never expected that kind of power in a normal looking box:D

will keep posting some pics in a few months when it should be ready!

I am also looking at the HI-TEK manifolds.

Did you notice any difference in performance and fuel consumption after installing those?

Got a set for you, I replaced these for new ones with O2 sensor in the headers for my Prochager build where I need O2's for monitoring.
but about increases!
Well, I replaced the stock headers by the HI-TEK ones but didn't had the fuel ratings with the stockers.
It feels a bit more beafier in the mid torq's, and gained from 81,1km/h to 84,4km/h normal top speed, about 50.2 to 52.4mph.
But combined with the open exhaust I made on.
So I really don't know exact gains with the headers alone.
With my ever top speed of 89.9km/h - 56.2mph its fuel consumtion was 84.4 Liters an hour so about 22.2GPH

Ahhh. 70 Smiles an hour.
My last boat was 28ft and did 70mph, sooo much fun. She did like to chine walk a little in high speed turns though! Wasn't great on fuel either, twin modified V6 2 strokes, plenty of grunt if you poured in enough juice.

On speed turns my boat just drifts away to much.
But already am solving this problem, last week I ordered a set of speedrails.
Somone else I know did this to his 23'Checkmate and gained 4,5km/h.
Also faster on plane, and a much better handling at low and high speeds.
So after that news I ordered them and waiting to get them mounted.;)

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Speedrails were the next step for me as well... Sold the boat instead:redface:
I was talking to a couple of guys running ski boats that loved them.
We didn't ski behind ours, the rooster tail was longer than the boat at full noise:D

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Speaking of Rooster tails, I always thought they were cool as a kid. How does one go about making something to produce a rooster tail? I think my kids would dig it!

R.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

get her up to your top speed and carefully raise the outdrive and up will come the rooster tail

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Surface piercing props do a great job of creating a nice tail:D
Your trim should be adjusted until the prop is running perpendicular to the surface, the easiest way to adjust is to trim until the top of the engine cover is parallel to the water surface. Shouldn't be too hard with the tower:rolleyes:

Emancipation

Seaman Apprentice

Burtonair - I have the exact boat and I'm also from Utah. Which lake where the photos shot in? Utah Lake?

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got a 2006 Doral 245 Escape with a volvo penta 5,7GXI/320HP bought in 3-2009.
Origionally I wanted the Phazar but none available in my budget:facepalm:

Already did some mods on the engine with some HI-TEK stainless steel headers and Corsa captains call open exhaust and gained me sometop speed.
HID underwater lights.
And since there were no trimtabs on when I bought it, I mounted some MINN KOTA trimtabs which I can operate at the steering wheel instead on the dash.

Currently bussy with a "major" (Procharger) engine upgrade on the Volvo SB, but needs finishing after this boat season. Will be about september.
Just wanna go boating now. The output will be in the region of 500Hp on the crank.:p
After this I hope to have a powerboat in sheaps clothing:)

some pica's

Nice boat! ;) Wow this is very interesting seeing someone boosting same boat and engine package as me.

I hit 55mph empty with mine stock. I have Volvo's DuoProp running F6's. What sterndrive/props do you have?

p.s. Speed rails seems interesting. http://www.ocke.se/industrial_designs/read_more/more_speedrail.html

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry it took so long to reply but I have not been on the forum for a long time. You are correct, it is Utah Lake!!!

What year is you're boat? and which motor are you running? I have the Volvo with a 5.7L motor 320 H.P. DP drive running F3's. I struggle a bit with the F3's at Powell I think I need to step up to the F4's but I dont want to spend the money without trying a set first. Where do you do you're boating at, which lake?

Pulse8

Cadet

Nice boat! ;) Wow this is very interesting seeing someone boosting same boat and engine package as me.

I hit 55mph empty with mine stock. I have Volvo's DuoProp running F6's. What sterndrive/props do you have?

p.s. Speed rails seems interesting. http://www.ocke.se/industrial_designs/read_more/more_speedrail.html

I also 'm running a DP with the same F6 prop setup and stops at 52mph on top speed.
I've got the whole series from of F4 till F8 but I think I also need the F9 for my upgrade, well it would be nice to get in that speed region.
But since there is no propcalculator available to my knowledge for the DUOPROPS it will be just testing

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's interesting. Keep is updated!

xEclipse

Recruit

89 Cavalier taken this past week. Alexander Keith's in the cup holder (as usual)... Anyone in the North Bay, ON area is more than welcome to come have one, Fridge is ALWAYS stocked!

GlenMoray.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just love those Cavaliers and Citations

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Real nice looking Cavalier xEclipse! I see you have a view of another one across the way. Interesting what was done to the side air vents. Looking forward to more pics and welcome to iBoats forum!
(Keep my fridge well stocked too, you never know who will drop by :D)

xEclipse

Recruit

Never noticed that the intakes were different from others, good catch! ... or slowness on my part. Regardless, she runs like a dream.

There are several 88-89 Cavaliers, Taras, and Citations in the Marina. We all love our older Dorals.

harley guy

Recruit

I have a 1988 doral eagle that looks almost identical to yours except mine has a 3 litre mercruiser.mine doesn't have the bow rails but everything else is the same[swim platform,walk-through windshield etc.] I wish I knew how to post pics but I'm computer illeterate.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I have a 1988 doral eagle that looks almost identical to yours except mine has a 3 litre mercruiser.mine doesn't have the bow rails but everything else is the same[swim platform,walk-through windshield etc.] I wish I knew how to post pics but I'm computer illeterate.

Welcome to iboats and the Doral section.
Here's a couple of links that might help with the photos

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=468676

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=410147

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Last weekend in Saronicos gulf outside 12 miles from Athens...

Attachments

• P1060578.jpg
    P1060578.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P1060580.jpg
    P1060580.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P1060575.jpg
    P1060575.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Awesome pics! Is that some kind of bow thruster you have?