Feedback from 360SE owners 1998-2002 years, got an opportunity to upgrade

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So wife and I have been discussing going bigger to be able to get away for longer periods and also bring our teenager and g/f on 2-3 nights as well as day trips. Boat would be permanently in the salt as our 250SE has been going into 5th year. An opportunity has presented itself to trade towards a 98 360SE w 510/520 hours on 7.4 MPI Merc Bravo 3's. The boat is fully loaded and has recently had a nice refresh done with all receipts . The boat has been a lake boat all its life so will require some outa pocket cost to make sea worthy but is very very clean w all the goodies and fully functioning. Few scratches and scrapes here and there but overall from pics I have seen and a buddy viewing it he feels an 8/10

It is not the chery wood version but the white version with a oak table in cabin. I am looking at other options as well, the price if both parties agree with the 250SE traded towards could be very very enticing . I am aware of the much larger service costs and my current 250SE was a lakeboat for 12 years with about 4-5mths light use over that period annually. I have had no issues with the boat and its VP 5.7GS, but a pair of 7.4 MPI's will definitely increase service costs and fuel costs. Then again when you are 36 you tend to take more time getting where you need to go if the weather is nice. All the amenities and the amount of room is tempting and we have spent time on a friends 01 w ther VP 8.1's and about 1100 hrs on the engines , no issues and the boat we feel even being the age it is just stands the test of time with quality and fit/finish

Anything in particular to watch out for on the 98's? All feedback is welcmomed

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
I sent you a PM. The only thing to watch out for is the metal waste tank, which will corrode over time and should be replaced with a plastic one. Other than that, it is a very well built boat, and the 7.4 MPIs are great engines. I noticed you are looking at one with Bravo 3s. Beware that some of the earlier ones had some serious issues with electrolysis. You should be able to check the serial #s somewhere on the internet to see if you have the updated ones or not.

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I sent you a PM. The only thing to watch out for is the metal waste tank, which will corrode over time and should be replaced with a plastic one. Other than that, it is a very well built boat, and the 7.4 MPIs are great engines. I noticed you are looking at one with Bravo 3s. Beware that some of the earlier ones had some serious issues with electrolysis. You should be able to check the serial #s somewhere on the internet to see if you have the updated ones or not.

Thanks for the feedback on the electrolysis issues, I was not aware of this , I assume one wants the leg serial numbers or the engine serial numbers to confirm whether they are the updated ones. Since this is a '98 I definitely need to research further

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also have looked or seen a 98 360SE on yachtworld, has Merc 7.4's w Vdrives , trying to get more info but is older than we would like as well, as it stands will be sticking with our 250SE for this season at least. Debating whether we want to remain pleasure cruiser or move to sedan bridge, really like the seay 36ft dsedan bridge but that one would be a few years before able to pull it off in an 07 generation

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
So I ended up finding an Alegria for a great deal, and now I have 4 boats, 3 of which are Dorals.
It's been a great boat, but couldn't resist the fully loaded Alegria for under $100k.

Last edited by a moderator:

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
and where might you be located?

Last edited by a moderator: