2000 Coral 250SE, want to add windlass

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wiring is all there for windlass w the switch at helm. I am looking for a current windlass model that is simple bolt on to replace the original factory units. Can anyone point out what were the original makes/models for the 250's that came w windlass? Links and feedback is appreciated.

They used lewmar vertical windlass. Unsure of the model unit but imagine Lewmar would, On the intrigue it's "lew300"in the Doral parts list

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have looked at both the Lewmar Pro 1000 w freefall which has 1000lb pulling capacity good for boats to 38 but the 700 w free fall offers savings and is good for 700 lbs and boats to 38ft.

I spoke with a gentleman who fitted the 1000 to his 2000 Doral 250SE w 7.4 , he said it was very simple and did not need to cut the anchor/rode hole any larger than it came from the factory with (his boat was not outfitted with windlass but was wired as mine is to install one) He said overall he used the same chainand line and it worked well with no mods at all required.

I am trying to figure out the difference between the offered units as far as 1/4" (6-7mm) vs differnce to 8mm

Anyone have feedback on the Lewmar Pro fish 700 free fall, I am assuming if I already have all the wiring I am just pluggin into it and I am good to go after install?

Did the 250SE come with vertical or horizontal windlass if one took the option

Last edited: