Pulling Engines in the Spring 90 Prestancia

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone pulled their engines on their Prestancia? I will be pulling both this spring. I have a bad engine coupler that needs replaced, so figure I might as well replace the other one while I am in there.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you may get more hits in the appropriate Mercruiser or Volvo forum

Jlee815

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Chief915,

I did this on my Prestancia in 2008. Well let me clarify I had someone else change out the coupler while they were in there. Of course we checked the engine mounts at the same time.... I only changed the one couple of my twin set up. Taking off the drives soon to change impellers and check the bellows and such. When we had the one engine out we did paint that side of the bilge. I also remember replacing the start at the same time since on the 4.3 to change the starter they said you had to have the engine out. I am not sure of that but since I had it out I put a new 100 buck starter in there....

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have done both starters with the engines in, it is a pain, but can be done. I figure I will replace both couplers since I am doing one. I would hate to have the other go up this year. Didn't think about painting the bilge. I may do that.