Doral Parts and Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
Since it appears that we won't be getting any parts out of Doral in the near future, I thought I would start a thread on ideas and fixes to keep out boats up to date. Many of the parts supplied with the boat are not made by Doral. I have the parts book for my 1999 360SE, and it lists vendors for some of these. I thought I would start a thread so that we can post ideas and things we have done and hopefully help others.

My 1999 360SE
Interior carpet is made by Syntec (Infinity Sand). They do not sell to end users, but some vendors do. I just used my old carpet as a template, then had a carpet place bind it for me. Looks great and matches the carpet on the walls
I recovered my dash panels (14 of them) in 3M DINOC Babinga. Easy to apply and looks great. Unfortunately I had to remove all gauges and switches...so they got upgraded at the same time.
Dash switches are Carling Contura II. Replacement caps with labels are available
Portholes are Bomar 616. The replacement lenses are GP907-39
The holding tank was replaced with a 36 gallon plastic one (part# RH-B254) that fits perfectly and requires very little change in plumbing work

Attachments

• photo232565.jpg
    photo232565.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
tell us more about the gauge panel covering. I did one a few years agowith some auto parts store carbon fiber look vinyl. Yours looks much better. Did you heat it to get it to conform around the corners/edges? Where did you buy it?

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
The 3M DINOC is a tougher vinyl self adhesive that is intended for more industrial uses. Therefore it wears well and doesn't fade easily. Once applied to the panels, I used a heat gun and it conformed well to all of the curved areas. You can stretch it quite a bit. I purchased off Ebay and it is available in different wood tones and patterns.

Cay Sea Cape

Recruit
Hi great job on the dash!!
I have a 2000 360SE since the spring of 2018, great boat ! I have it in heated indoor storage up here in the Montreal area, I am working on several small projects, including replacing the porthole replacement in the head, I will try to find one with the info you supplied. Unfortunately I didn't get an owner's manual with the boat, since it is only a year newer than yours it probably would be almost identical, do you have the parts list in pdf format and the owner's manual also ?
I yes i would be very grateful to get a copy,
please let me know
thanks,
Marc

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi great job on the dash!!
I have a 2000 360SE since the spring of 2018, great boat ! I have it in heated indoor storage up here in the Montreal area, I am working on several small projects, including replacing the porthole replacement in the head, I will try to find one with the info you supplied. Unfortunately I didn't get an owner's manual with the boat, since it is only a year newer than yours it probably would be almost identical, do you have the parts list in pdf format and the owner's manual also ?
I yes i would be very grateful to get a copy,
please let me know
thanks,
Marc

This one reason why we don't like old, dead threads to be re-opened except by the OP. The OP has not visited in almost 3 years.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.