1987 cruisers 297 elegante w/ twin crusader 270hp 350s......GREMLINS!!!

crzychrs

Cadet
Hello, my name is Chris S Jacksonville FL. I just purchaced the boats(see title). It is in a marina(no leaks). Owner sais boat was pulled out of water two years ago. Most systems seem funtional. Electric head, ac blower motor, ice maker, and radar depth and fish finders have power/ elecric motor issues. Question if anyone has this model boat with ANY manuals or operational guides, i need desperatly. Having issue with the 12 volt. Had working then nothing. I traced wires back to find fuses, nada less the small amp fuses under the instrament cluster. Dose anyone know where the "main" fuse panel is located?
This is the biggest and nicest boat i have ever owned so any help would be very appreciated.
Also the motor seem to be stuck. Have not tried to turn by hand yet. Could be 12 v issue mabie?
I am needing risers and possibly exhaust mannies if anyone has em'

Thank you Chris S

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1987 cruisers 297 elegante w/ twin crusader 270hp 350s......GREMLINS!!!

In the cabin directly above the access to the aft cabin should be the AC/DC panel breaker. I have found my boat is very finicky with the electrical items. Getting things like my cockpit lights to come on usually takes a few tries with a few different switches.

I can take a look on my boat and see what manuals I have.

Head over to Boatinghowto.com and sign up there. Once a member you can download the Cruisers Manual for this exact boat.

Post photos if you have some as well!

5 o'clock Dave

Recruit
Re: 1987 cruisers 297 elegante w/ twin crusader 270hp 350s......GREMLINS!!!

If you did not find the manuals, I have one for you and will send you a copy. I also have the electrical prints. I just bought my 297 in October. Found it on Ebay in Connecticut and trailered it back to my home near the Chesapeake. Plan to reburb the wiring and update the electronics, then tune the engines prior to launching in the spring.