New to me Crownline!

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's A 1994 Crownline 182 BR with just under 300 hrs. It is in great shape for the year. It has the 4.3 V-6 and the Alpha 1 outdrive. So far I love it. I plan on taking off the stripes and chroming the rear crownline badges. Other then that it has ran great the four times I have had it out on the river. It has alot of room and seems bigger then a normal 18 ft boat. I wish it was a little faster but it works for now. Now I just have to sell the old ski and fish.

11l0e4o.jpg

mucx75.jpg

jkust

Rear Admiral
Re: New to me Crownline!

Looks nice. That old girl has a nice 8 foot beam on par with much newer boats and even has a nice 2700lb dry weight. If your 87 Dyna-Trak is your benchmark then yes it is big. How fast is it and what are the WOT rpm's? I think I'd add a midship cleat on there as well.

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. Yes the little 15 1/2 was alot smaller. But my friend has a 91 Chaparral 180 sl and mine is alot taller, wider, and longer but still in the 18 ft class. It only goes about 42-45 on the gps at I want to say 4800-5000 rpm. It has a 19 pitch alum prop on it from the po. But it did come with a 21 p alum prop that has damage. The PO said he has had it up to 51 gps w/ just him and almost on E in the tank using the 21 pitch. It launches rite out of the water to plane tho w/ this 19p. I have not had a hard time securing it to the dock w/ just a front rope and the two rear pop up cleats so far. I could see having a center one though for a extra center buoy.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Thanks. Yes the little 15 1/2 was alot smaller. But my friend has a 91 Chaparral 180 sl and mine is alot taller, wider, and longer but still in the 18 ft class. It only goes about 42-45 on the gps at I want to say 4800-5000 rpm. It has a 19 pitch alum prop on it from the po. But it did come with a 21 p alum prop that has damage. The PO said he has had it up to 51 gps w/ just him and almost on E in the tank using the 21 pitch. It launches rite out of the water to plane tho w/ this 19p. I have not had a hard time securing it to the dock w/ just a front rope and the two rear pop up cleats so far. I could see having a center one though for a extra center buoy.

Well a nice 21 will probably bring the rpm's right to where the should be and add a couple extra mph's. We go to a lot of lakes and the midship cleat/fender use is the reason the sides of the Chap have never touched a dock. You come across all kinds of situations and a midship fender has saved me more times than I can count. The short docks that only reach midship are the worst and man they are common. Like the DNR is playing a joke or just have never launched a boat. As for the 18 foot class, it's a broad one where you can get a really nice 18 like yours and some pretty low budget ones. I've got to say that has to be one of the nicest early 90's boats i've seen. That had to be at the top of the market for bowriders at the time. Maybe post some interior shots for us to check out. Just in case you didn' know, presuming the engine is the original, it has the old school pre vortec heads on it and so you are leaving some power on the table that the 4.3 is capable of.

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hear you on the low docks. My other boat was even worse because it drafted so low in the water. I have heard about the heads. I dont think I want to tear into this motor just yet. It runs to good rite now and pretty low hrs at 290 or so. I have to take some better photos of the int. but it is in great shape. It has the dash cooler. Six speaker sound system and soon to have two 10 inch subs and amp. It came with a new rear sun pad and rear lower seat. It has the big wrap around bench in the rear. Im happy w/ this old boat.
16pc1x.jpg

jkust

Rear Admiral

Yep that's really nice. Looks like it was a trailer queen stored inside its whole life judging by the interior.

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep that's really nice. Looks like it was a trailer queen stored inside its whole life judging by the interior.

It was not stored in the water during the season thank god. I do think it was garage kept. It was used some. It needs a good scrub down in the int. to make the white more brite. The only bad about the boat is the floor has a couple small soft spots. From what I have read it is common on this model. I will replace/repair it this spring. It's not all rotted out, but I know it needs fixed.

jkust

Rear Admiral

It was not stored in the water during the season thank god. I do think it was garage kept. It was used some. It needs a good scrub down in the int. to make the white more brite. The only bad about the boat is the floor has a couple small soft spots. From what I have read it is common on this model. I will replace/repair it this spring. It's not all rotted out, but I know it needs fixed.

Well the soft spot situation is unfortunate. I hate to hear that. A couple small soft spots can mean a multitude of issues and many times requires a new floor, stringers and worse. The carpet looks like it has maybe been replaced.

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class

It does suck. All I can hope for is that its just the floor and not everything else under it. But I will find out. The carpet seems to be orig. It all matches and if it was replaced it was done very professionally. The boat seems very clean and solid other then a spot behind the drivers seat. It is solid in the engine compartment and very clean in there. My guess is to many wet people not drying off and soaking the floor all the time.