Crownline Roll Call!!

kwalshinflag

Recruit
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Projects on the "high priority" list include extending the coverage of the bimini, and fitting something to fix the low speed wander the boat demonstrates in no-wake zones. As there are plenty of these areas in the river, it's simply not a case of living with it. Minimising correction just doesn't work... though pre-empting it rather than responding to it does. My next post will probably be about wandering solutions :rolleyes:

View attachment 173864

Barboots, Yeah my crownline does the same weaving at slow speeds. I get the feeling it maybe something we have to live with. If you find a solution, let me know.

Where did you mount you bazooka on your boat?

Regards K

P1030867.jpgP1030866.jpg

Barboots

Cadet

Barboots, Yeah my crownline does the same weaving at slow speeds. I get the feeling it maybe something we have to live with. If you find a solution, let me know.

Where did you mount you bazooka on your boat?

Regards K

View attachment 174642View attachment 174643

Hi K,

G'day from Western Australia. I'm just in the final throes of fitting Nauticus Smart Tabs SX to my 19SS. Aside from the more published effects of trim tabs they also significantly reduce, if not eliminate, wander. They are cheap (~US$100) and I've not found one post stating they don't work. Check out SMART TABS raise your performance expectations. for info and look to see if they are available through iBoats shop.

I mounted the Bazooka under the dash on the First Mate's side. Actually, the installation was fiddly and moving the sub between the boat and car started to drive me nuts. I'm currently working on a custom enclosure in the same area to take a 12" sub. There's actually a fair sized cavity under the dash and looking forward, but sealing it off has been a templating nightmare. I'm pretty good at templating though, and also extremely persistant! Once done I'll share the design.

There's not a lot of Crownline action here, but lots to read about. If you want to get among Crownline owners have a look at Crownie HQ... that's where I'll be posting any modifications I make.

Cheers,
Steve

for country

Recruit

We have a 2003 Crownline 202 BR. She has a 5.0L Merc and an Alpha 1 drive. Beautiful boat. We get a lot of compliments about her and would buy nothing else.:D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Pics or it didn't happen.....

Welcome to the site!!

whos your Hockey team? the Hockey discussion is in Dockside chat!!

ibrw1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey everyone,
Had a 3.0 18' Rinker Br. Just got a 2000 20.2 Crownline Br. 5.0 alpha one gen 2. North Illinois so it sits in garage.
Can't wait. It has a 21 pitch 14.5 SS hope it's not pitched to high. can't wait. Too cold

ibrw1

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is your prop pitch and diameter?

I just got a 2000, 20.2 2BBL carb 5 liter Crownline with a 21p 14.5d SS 3 blade. Never had it in the water, but everyone else seems to have a 18p

Dealer put my boat on the dyno, it registered 1500 psi at the outdrive.

Jim

Crashontheone

Recruit

New to forum. New to Crownline! We just purchased a 2002 230 BR. 5.0 with bravo 3 out drive. I live in Iowa, so this mornings test drive was brisk! 45 degrees...brrr. Anyway, it was. Test drive before I transferred the payment for our new boat. Here's the deal: it wouldn't turn left. Now, getting it on the trailer was a hoot since all I had was right steering, but I somehow got it on there. Down to the boat dealer we go and it turns out the gimble is shot and needs replaced. $1,800.00. The gent I purchased from happily paid it so we were square. Is the gimble something that I should be weary about? Common problems? Engine has 490 hours on it. Any input would be great. Thank you!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

once you go to pick up the boat I would "Lean" on the out drive pretty good and look for flex between the gimbal and the transom, what your looking for is rot in the transom itself don't be gentle about it.

The Gimbal replacement at 490 hours isn't anything I would consider a bad thing, normal maintenance at the worst with those hours. I would pay a little more and have the mechanic do a compression/leakdown on the motor as well.

as always Pics or it didn't happen! And welcome to the site!!

mcmartin

Recruit

Hi,

I installed Stainless Steel Smart Tabs to my 2012 195SS last summer. It made a world of difference in the stern wander. In addition, it improved bow rise and overall performance. The only bummer is the fact that you can not adjust the smart tabs due to the contour of the stern of the boat. I am very happy with the improved performance.

Russ

Hi K,

G'day from Western Australia. I'm just in the final throes of fitting Nauticus Smart Tabs SX to my 19SS. Aside from the more published effects of trim tabs they also significantly reduce, if not eliminate, wander. They are cheap (~US$100) and I've not found one post stating they don't work. Check out SMART TABS raise your performance expectations. for info and look to see if they are available through iBoats shop.

I mounted the Bazooka under the dash on the First Mate's side. Actually, the installation was fiddly and moving the sub between the boat and car started to drive me nuts. I'm currently working on a custom enclosure in the same area to take a 12" sub. There's actually a fair sized cavity under the dash and looking forward, but sealing it off has been a templating nightmare. I'm pretty good at templating though, and also extremely persistant! Once done I'll share the design.

There's not a lot of Crownline action here, but lots to read about. If you want to get among Crownline owners have a look at Crownie HQ... that's where I'll be posting any modifications I make.

Cheers,
Steve

1999 Crownline

Recruit

My brother and I just purchased a 1999 Crownline 202br. We have recently found out that it has a cracked block. Its a 305 motor with a 2 barrel carb. We have decided to put a 350 motor in it. My questions is for the Lpx owners. What is the hp rating on an Lpx 350? Speed? Prop dimensions?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

a 350 MAG would give you 300 ponies, speed would depend on the outdrive gearing and the prop, prop would depend on the outdrive, in other words I would need more info!!

all things considered your looking at 55 mph out of that boat possibly 60 with a 350 MAG and a tall prop IF the rest of the boat is dry, by dry I mean the floatation under the deck, you have to understand that water in the floatation will slow your boat down considerably, there are just to many variables I don't know about yet.

Welcome to the Site and Post some pics!!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Ahh come on....nothing but the Leafs of course:laugh:;)

Oh we have a few Masochists(Leafs Fans) in Dockside Chat, not like I can brag though I am an Avalanche Fan!! YAY BOTTOM DWELLERS!! LOL

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Looks Beautiful MC!! Where do you do most of your boating?

MCFLYIN

Seaman Apprentice

Looks Beautiful MC!! Where do you do most of your boating?

Most of the time I am in the Upper Chesapeake or Raystown lake in PA. We also have some smaller lakes that I'll take a cruise to for the day but those are the two main spots

pjf12

Cadet

I just purchased an 2002 230 Bowrider. :D Does anyone else have one of these and how do you like it? Also looking for an owners manual for this boat, where could I get one?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

230 is a good boat tell us more about yours motor outdrive etc pics are a huge deal here as well as most sites, as for a owners manual good luck they are pretty hard to find but in the end they are pretty useless as far as how and what your motor and outdrive need, a better bet is to fond the manufacturers manuals for the motor and outdrive, there are only two Mercruiser and Volvo, if you have a mercruiser motor then you have a Mercruiser outdrive and the same with Volvo they don't mix. All the information you need will be in their manuals, the electrical is the same as any other boat similar to a car except on a boat the grounds go to the battery instead of the chassis since fiberglass doesn't conduct electricity.

pjf12

Cadet

Thank you for your reply. I have a 5.0 Mercruiser with a Bravo 1 outdrive. I believe it is 260 hp. It does have the duo props with trim tabs. When I test drove the boat it got up on plane quick, which was nice. I will send photos once the boat is in the water for the season.

230 is a good boat tell us more about yours motor outdrive etc pics are a huge deal here as well as most sites, as for a owners manual good luck they are pretty hard to find but in the end they are pretty useless as far as how and what your motor and outdrive need, a better bet is to fond the manufacturers manuals for the motor and outdrive, there are only two Mercruiser and Volvo, if you have a mercruiser motor then you have a Mercruiser outdrive and the same with Volvo they don't mix. All the information you need will be in their manuals, the electrical is the same as any other boat similar to a car except on a boat the grounds go to the battery instead of the chassis since fiberglass doesn't conduct electricity.