Crownline Roll Call!!

BARKLEY

Banned
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Great choice!! Crownline is all about quality and performance. I am on my second one and I will never buy another brand.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Always great to see more Crownies out there!!

LimitedClear

Recruit

I just bought my first boat, a 1995 182 BR, last Tuesday. We took it out for the first time yesterday and had a blast. It's going to be a good summer.

Lanier Guy 2006

Recruit

Have a 2006, Crownline 260 LS- Love my boat, bought it brand new over a very competitive Regal at the end of the season Boat show in Atlanta. Due to Crownline issues and going belly up, I only got 2 years out of my 5 year warranty and they have subsequently not covered anything since. Its a shame because I feel they had a superior product, but have treated those of us in that 3 year bubble unfairly. Stick to your word and do the right thing, $60,000 is a big investment for some of us- if you ask me right now, I hate my Atlanta dealer and I hate the "NEW" Crownline Company.:mad:

330T

Recruit

Own a Crownline 260 CR, its an 04 many options 496 bIII

Great boat have spent many a weekend aboard.

Ctuna

Recruit

New here,I have had my `95 225 BR for six years and i love it .Just got it back on saturday from getting a new engine 5.7 270,just in time to save my July 4th weekend.Next project will be docking lights and stereo upgrade.

mtbr00x

Seaman

I just bought a 1998 Crownline 268cr with 2555 hours on it. Only 3 issues with the boat. Tilt/Trim has a leak, Guessing a broken line. I have filled the little tank then hit the trailer up switch and the tilt/trim controller on the throttle and it drains the tank with no action on the drive. Second issue: no horn (minor). Third and worst issue is very low rpm at wot (2500). I am pretty handy when it comes to fixing just about anything. Just hope it's not too serious!
DSC_0255.JPG

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

mtbr00x, Volvo or Merc? Volvo's safe circuit will limit the engine RPM to 2500 if it detects an engine fault. If engine is EFI/MPI, it will disable 1/2 of the injectors at the engine cylinders or throttle body and fix the timing to 8 degrees BTDC. Merc's Guardian can limit engine RPM's as well. If you have an engine alarm on either Merc or Volvo, you should have an audible alarm though. Other thought is a dirty hull can limit engine RPM's and thus make it difficult to plane. Other than that, I'd look at the engine....idle smooth? last tuned up? fuel filter, fuel pressure, fuel vent clear, exhaust flaps where they are supposed to be (exhaust not obstructed), etc

mtbr00x

Seaman

It was a filthy fuel separator. Changed it out and got up to 4200 at wot and 38 mph. Thanks for the help. Oh yeah, its a Merc

Last edited:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Change it every year mtbr with your spring tuneup, too cheap not too!! what a way to ruin a weekend on a $10 part!! Have fun with that beautiful boat!

karter81

Recruit

Hey Guys, good to see a CL forum online. Just bought my 1998 Crownline 202BR with a 5.7L Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive. It runs excellent. We have restored the outside green color with Atwood Restorer and Cleaner. Worked pretty good. Have boughten Chrome Lettering which is missing in the pic for both sides of the boat. Looks great. Now were thinking of buying some CL graphics as well. Paid 5k for it from a couple that was losing their house. We got a great deal!!!!!

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

karter,

That sounds like my first boat except we went with the Volvo 5.7L. Should see low-mid 50's for top speed (GPS) and provide plenty of enjoyment out on the water. The rear bench seat will tip forward to allow better access to the engine.

MiKeMaCe

Recruit

Hey Everyone .. new crownline owner here just wanted to say hello !

98 210 ccr cant wait to get it in the water!

boatside.jpg

karter81

Recruit

Thankx Burp. Yeah I like that Volva Penta. But the Merc is good too. I'm 50/50 either way with them both. I'll post some pics when I figure out how! lol

TheBandit

Recruit

Hey everyone. Nice to see other crownies here. 2008 21 SS, 350 mag, Bravo III.

redcrown 225

Recruit

Just figured I would call all Crownies since this forum has gone quiet lately and Spring is coming! So Who has them and what do you have?

I have a 2000 248BR 454 MPI Bravo III white with tan trim and I live south of Denver Colorado.

I have just purchased my first crownline...been wanting one for a long time. It is a 1995 225 BR ruby red with a 350 mag mercruiser.