Crownline Roll Call!!

Sportster61

Cadet
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Thanks so very much for the reply. I really love the looks of the boat. But, I do wonder if the lower bow line will take a little getting used to. I spoke to Crownline dealer and he explained it had to do with visibility. I also asked if that made it a wetter ride and he assured me it was not. I have really only heard good things about the boat. One of the main things about this boat was the condition. It seems to be in excellent condition. Only 155 hours, fresh water and garage kept. It has the 5.7 Volvo (do wish it was big block) with duoprop, tabs, extra graphics (black stripe with gold), porta potty (very very tight), wrap around seating, captains choice and a nice roller trailer. It does have carpet and my other boat (I'll be selling) is an older Four Winns 190 Horizon, which had a fiberglass cockpit liner. I did like that for cleaning and protection of the, I guess, plywood floor. However, I have seen where you have commented about the rot proof plywood, so that makes me feel better. I think this is going to be a huge step up for me, that is going from a 19 foot boat to an almost 25 foot boat. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention absolutely how much the gel coat shines. There's not a scratch, I mean really not a scratch and it shines as if it were right off the showroom floor. I think we really looked at a lot of boats before deciding on this one. But, none of them looked as nice. Thanks again for your response. I hope to pick it up this Sunday, if its not raining. I'll post some pictures then. Best, Bill

Oh yes, I forgot...it's a one owner boat too.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Funny thats how I bought mine too, I'm the second owner, I think something that you should think about is what my backup plan is for big water, mind you I have yet to use it, I have been in 6' chop and waves but the boat handled that just fine, if things got bigger I planned on putting the bow cover on with the support pole to keep from flooding the bow, it may not stop all of the water but with some creative Captaining I think my boat could handle some pretty big water, for me that is the worst case scenario but for you on the ocean maybe a more realistic possibility.

Can't wait to see the pics!

glideride113

Recruit

Sporster 61, be careful what you wish for ,my97 250cr has a big block,pulls great but, I had to replace the starter and fuel cooler system and their both located against the stringer. Had to jack the eng to change both.....Congrats on your new boat.

Sportster61

Cadet

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I have another question. As I mentioned I am supposed to pick up the boat Sunday. I'm told that the boat does not have a title but only a registration. Again, it's a 2000 248 br. Does that sound right? Thanks for the help. Bill

thumpar

Admiral

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I have another question. As I mentioned I am supposed to pick up the boat Sunday. I'm told that the boat does not have a title but only a registration. Again, it's a 2000 248 br. Does that sound right? Thanks for the help. Bill
That just depends on the state. Some title them and some just register them.

Sportster61

Cadet

It's coming from Delaware. And thank you very much for the prompt response.

thumpar

Admiral

Check with your local office as to what they require to get the boat in your name. I bought a jet ski from Idaho where it is registration only. I had to have a bill of sale and signed over registration. They will know best. Hopefully they are open on Saturday where you live. Also remember the trailer is a separate title so requires its own paperwork.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Yeah, it is one of those things that you learn to deal with, but your state should be well versed in how to properly deal with it as it is not uncommon.

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Still love my 2001 even though I'm having an ignition problem right now.

Rentaltux

Seaman
No Title

2013 Crownline E2 - 377Mag w/Bravo 3 and Corsa exhaust. Just got it this summer and loving it so far!

Attachments

• photo209391.jpg
    photo209391.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0

Sportster61

Cadet
No Title

Well...I just realized that I never got around to posting a picture of my 248 purchased last year. So here goes. I really can't wait for Spring!

Attachments

• photo215384.jpg
    photo215384.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0

DBG40

Cadet
New to the club! 1999 210 CCR one owner, 408 hours of fresh water use.

DSC_0195_zpsqhbeypbi.jpg
DSC_0193_zpsafv1ahdi.jpg
DSC_0194_zpsub94nkjj.jpg
DSC_0197_zpspv3kr9zo.jpg

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
I looked at a 210 before I bought my 202. The 210 was a repo so needed some things replaced. They are nice cuddies though.