Paint Color Question

Uncle Paul

Seaman Apprentice
I am planning on Painting the sides of my 1988 Phantom this winter. I would like to come as close to the original White/ light grey color as possible. Does anyone know the name of the original color? Also where I might buy some paint that would look good. I am not planning on painting the top of the gunnals or the bottom of the boat. Also looking to buy some vinyl stripes for the sides. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Uncle Paul :cool:

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Paint Color Question

Call Crestliner and ask them what the paint codes were for your boat, they should know. I called a couple years ago and got my paint codes, they said they used PPG automotive paint, so I just ran down to the local automotive paint supply place and had some mixed up, matched perfect. For the stripes try Crestliner, Ebay or maybe Great Lakes Skipper.

Uncle Paul

Seaman Apprentice

Call Crestliner and ask them what the paint codes were for your boat, they should know. I called a couple years ago and got my paint codes, they said they used PPG automotive paint, so I just ran down to the local automotive paint supply place and had some mixed up, matched perfect. For the stripes try Crestliner, Ebay or maybe Great Lakes Skipper.
Thanks...... Just what I was looking for

dmoriarty51

Petty Officer 1st Class

stripped.jpgi did some of mine with valspar rattle can in Ford Grey and its very close and on the cheap.

lousy lighting but its close the bottom side is pretty dirty fromt the mighty mississippi, above the rub rail is freshly stripped and painted