help with Crestliner boat parts

B Robinson

Cadet
I'm new here, but I'm wondering if I can get some help.
I've got a 2000 Crestliner TS182, and this boat has dual livewells and also has the dual baitwells. The rear one is on the port side, and the bottom broke out, and I took it out completely. I don't think I'll replace it because I like the extra space since it's gone. So now I have a blank hole (which I will cover up when I replace the floor), but I also have a blank area on the side panel. Any suggestions on how to cover that up? Am I able to get some upholstered piece to match the others and just cover it in completely? I'll try to get some pics posted soon so you can see what I mean.

Part II: I think my front baitwell will need to be replaced sometime as well. How do I obtain one of these? I've contacted the local dealer and heard nothing back.

I'm also looking for a good boat cover. Is there one made specifically for my boat? I really like the snap covers. I'd have to install snaps on my boat, but I'd do that. I'd be looking at a black or tan or brown.

Thanks for any and all help.

Summett

Cadet
Re: help with Crestliner boat parts

Not sure about the answer to ? #1, as i'd have to see pics in order to give my opinion. As far as getting parts, i would call Crestliner directly. They may have a specific part # for that. Their customer service is very helpful, and they will sell direct to the customer if you ask. I dealt with a Mike in CS. He was very helpful.

For a boat cover, i went to a local company called Stearns Manufacturing. They made custom heavy vinyl cover. I took my boat there, and in one day they made a cover for my prior crestliner for under $300 [see pic]. I already had the snaps in the boat as it was part of the boat design, but they made the cover and installed all the snaps in that. You might want to look if there is a company like that in your area. Might be quite a bit cheaper than buying a OEM one.

Attachments

• P1060130.jpg
    P1060130.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1

B Robinson

Cadet

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Where is the Stearns company that you contacted? And do they have a website? I've got a local seamstress that I may contact and see what she has to say as well. Having a snap cover for this boat sure would be nice, although I hate to drill a bunch of snaps into it. Thanks again--

Brian

Summett

Cadet

their website is: www.stearnsinc.com, and they're in Sauk Rapids, MN. I believe their now owned by Coleman. It'd be hard for them to do anything without the boat though, i would think.

Hard to believe that your boat didn't come from the factory with an OEM cover. You might want to call CS and see what they say. Depending on the year of your boat, i know some Crestliners came with a cover that had a plastic "runner" that slid into a groove around the boat bumper. Does yours have that groove? Drilling snaps would indeed be challenging. I have the snaps, and there are A LOT of them. I wish mine had the groove cover.

But, not complaining...as it works just fine the way it is.

Good luck!

B Robinson

Cadet

Excellent, thank you, I appreciate that greatly. I'll definitely check out their site tonight.
Mine does not have the groove for the covers that have the plastic pieces in them as that feature came out around 2003 or so I believe. It's a sharp system though, ain't it? I've helped a couple guys cover their 'liners and wow is it slick. Sure wish mine had that too. I don't wanna drill all the holes, but I gotta have something better than what I've got. If my boat did come with a cover, it's long gone, shifting around owners of the boat and such. Thanks again for the info--