electrical issue

dlaxdal

Seaman
Just got off the lake on my 1997 1850 sportfish with a 175 mariner. I was not able to run the fish finder while the radio was on. Also when I press the horn it shuts off the fish finder. I can run the fish finder while the radio is off though. I had to charge one of the batteries and was wondering if it may be shot. Also with the fish finder on and running about 3500 rpm the voltage on the finder only reads around 9.0 / 8.9 while the voltage on the dash reads around 14.
Any advice. Connections looks good. Bad ground? or battery. Can use all the advice thanks.

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: electrical issue

Pull the batt and have it tested.
Check the batt voltage with good hand held gauge while running with nothing but the engine on and then with everything on.
Turn off things until you stay at or above 13.5 and then you know how much you can run at a time.

dlaxdal

Seaman

I just hooked fish finder right to circuit board instead of aux switch. It seems to work better. I will get batteries tested also. That may be why the voltage was down because it was going thru switch not circuit board on lower amp. Does this sound right. I can at least run finder and radio at the same time now and the horn works. Both batteries seem charged. Can you test with voltage meter?

dlaxdal

Seaman

Can anyone tell me if there is an isolator on the crestliners or in a 175 1997 mariner.

dlaxdal

Seaman

Can anyone tell me how the two batteries are wired in on a 1997 1850 sport fish. There are two batteries. One for starting and the other one for running the console and trolling motor. Do they come with isolators and how is it charged from outboard. thx I have a call into Crestliner also to engineer.