Crestliner owners

eric hall

Cadet
Re: Crestliner owners

Crestliner boats.Dont you just love them. Ive had mine since about 2003/4 when I bought it it needed painting ( lots of paint chipped off with a kind of dust under it). my son spayed it with a two pack acrylic paint (stinks) and had to use breathing apparatus.(he painted for a living back then)... Now some 7ish years later I have hand painted it again for the same reason.This time hand painted using same acrylic two pack paint. Lots of coats of etching primer lots of coats of paint then used a orbital sander to take out the brush marks then used 1000 or 1400 wet and dry paper then electric polishing mop. It has now come out like new with a good shine and a deep colour. It didnt take too long as there is not that much masking up to do. One day when I work how to do it Ill try to send some pictures. Sorry if some of the stuff above has different names etc. There is plenty to do with them looking after the paint but its all good fun. Dont you just love em.

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Yes that wide beam seems to make for a nice ride. Good luck.
Wellsley, I bought the 2002 1850 Fish Hawk. The beam and features are incredible. Even the Carbureted Johnson 150 is sweet. Lots of torque and pretty quiet.

WELLSLEY

Cadet

This thread has been sleeping since 10-31-11. I still love my crestliner. Taking it out for a walleye hunt Sunday.

Tschwartz

Recruit

Just bought a 1987 Crestliner 16 Nordic (Viking) with a 1987 50 hp Yamaha tiller and a terrific Spartan roller trailer. The former owner put some time and effort into a partial restore (new transom, carpeting, pumps & interior paint. It is solid and aside from some minor fender rubs, the exterior is in great shape considering its age. I am curious about the fuel capacity. The tank is located on the port side under the deck and I can't see it to measure. The owner manual is, alas, non-existent. I did download the 1987 Crestliner catalog in pdf format, but it doesn't give the standard size, but indicates the option is for 22 gal. All in all, though, I'm happy.

88Crestliner

Cadet

Hi,

I just recently (early Sept 2012) bought my Crestliner. It's a 1988 Nordic Crestliner Sabre G/L V225 with a Mercruiser 3.0 140HP I/O and a Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive. It sits on a Shoreland'r roller tandem axle trailer.

The previous owner(s) took very good care of her, and my goal is to continue in that tradition.

Are there any other Sabre owners out there that can give me some insight about things to keep a watch for?

johnbottsr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello All,
New member and I joined just to post in this thread.
I have an early '90s Phantom SST 216 and really like the boat.
8' beam makes it real stable for the kids.

Down side is it was repowered with a Force 150 which I hear mixed things about (I am hoping mine is one of the bulletproof ones).

Gonna remodel it a bit to fish better and I will post some pictures up when I get to that.

dammiller1962

Recruit

Hi everybody!!! I was given a 1986 Nordic Crest liner (what is on the outside of the boat) 16.4 ft. It has an Evinrude 50 hp and an electric troller... not sure what type it is...

I don't know much about the boat... it has not seen water for a number of years, I believe my dad said it hadn't been launched since early to mid 1990's. It definitely needs some TLC, but I don't know what model it is... I would like to upgrade the motor, but to what? I will need to redo everything, including carpet... I think it will be worth it, but how do I get the spouse on board? I do have the SN for the thing, will that help me find the model information?

I look forward to hearing from all of you!!

Dave

NJKodiak

Cadet

Hey folks -

New to the forum and a new Crestliner owner. Picked up a 2013 Kodiak 16 side console with a 60HP Merc four stroke. Love the boat so far. Just getting it all ready in the garage for pike fishing in the spring -

Looking forward to participating.

Rich