Crestliner wiring

Roger Ramjet

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to this website and am hoping someone has a resource for a wiring diagram.

I have a 2002 Crestliner 14 Angler. It was an awesome deal but as with all awesome deals it's not without its issues. I this case, the former own felt the need to install a Hummingbird 959CI HD. It's a nice unit but is the same width as the entire instrument panel. To make room, he removed the instrument panel with a screw driver and wire cutters. I'm trying to return the boat to somewhat original condition so I have some instrumentation and reliable electronics. The wring is not much of a problem in and of itself, just a speedo and tach with balck, blue, purple and grey wires. I've pretty much figured out black for ground, blue for switched battery (lights), purple for ignition switched power and grey for the tach. However, the more I dig under the dash the more unconnected wires with crimped terminals I'm uncovering. The terminals are wrapped in electrical tape which seems amateurish for a company like Crestliner. Does Crestiner use a standard wiring harness for all boats and tape off the unused terminals? Now I discovered a pink wire going nowhere. I contacted Crestliner and was told "Sorry, the wiring diagrams went up in smoke during our factory fire. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this boat or know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome

there are no wiring diagrams from the manufacturers (most do not have them).

you can get the dash gauges and motor wiring harness information from the motor's service manual.

yes, production boats would use a standard harness and electrical tape to tape off the not-used circuits. the same harness would be in a variety of boat models/sizes

the wiring color scheme on boats is standard [h=2]American Boat and Yacht Council Standards[/h]
BlackGroundNegative / Neutral Main Return
Blue-StripeTilt up and or trim outTilt and or trim circuits
BrownAlternator Charge LightGenerator Terminal or Alternator Auxiliary Terminal to Regulator
Generator ArmatureGenerator Armature to Regulator
PumpsCircuit Breaker or Switch to Pumps
Brown w/YellowBilge BlowersCircuit Breaker or Switch to Blower
Dark BlueCabin & InstrumentCircuit Breaker or Switch to Lights
Green or Green w/Yellow StripeBonding SystemGrounding Wires (if insulated)
Green StripeTilt down and/or trim inTilt and or trim circuits
GreyNavigation LightsCircuit Breaker or Switch to Lights
TachometerTachometer Sender to Gauge
Lt. BlueOil PressureOil Pressure Sender to Gauge
OrangeAccessory FeedAmmeter to Alternator or Generator
Common FeedDistribution Panel to Accessory Switch
FeedAccessory Circuit Breakers or Switches
PinkFuel GaugeFuel Gauge Sender to Gauge
PurpleIgnitionIgnition Switch to Coil & Electrical Instrument
Instrument FeedDistribution Panel Electrical Instruments
RedInstrument FeedDistribution Panel to Electrical Instruments
Power FeedsPositive Main Power (particularly un-fused)
TanWater temperatureWater temperature sender to gauge
YellowGenerator FieldGenerator to Regulator Field Terminal
GroundNegative / Neutral Main Return
Yellow w/RedStarting CircuitStarting Switch to Solenoid

COLOR ITEM USE

Roger Ramjet

Recruit
Thanks for the info. I sold the Crestliner and bought an 85' Four Winns Candia 190. The think they had the same electrician wire the accessories. I'm loving all the room on a patio boat!