Could this thing be related to vibration?

TRValeri

Cadet
I recently purchased an Air Nautique 220 Team Edition with 37 hours on it. My first day out on the lake I noticed a vibration in turns when I had Perfect Pass set to 20MPH and the engine RPMs went up to maintain speed in the turn. I have no idea what would cause that. The prop and driveline look pristine. When I opened the engine compartment I found a pieve of plastic resting on the steering linkage that was about 2 feet long, 6 inches high with 4-5 serrations on top. Can someone shed some light on what the piece of plastic is and possible causes for the vibration?image.jpg

TRValeri

Cadet
Re: Could this thing be related to vibration?

Problem solved! It was a bent prop. I have no idea what I hit, but no doubt about it being bent. I was told it can be repaired as opposed to being replaced. Anyone out there have any experience with a repaired prop?

As for the plastic piece, apparently it goes in the gear tray above the engine and must have fallen down. Mystery solved!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Could this thing be related to vibration?

as long as the shop knows what they are doing (most do) you will never know that it has been repaired other than a slightly lighter wallet.