Where can I get a transom seat?

motocrs826

Recruit
I just bought a 1998 Cobia 224. I would like to purchase one of the seats with a backrest that appears to be on every Cobia boat but mine. The seat has cushions that run along the top of the transom and a backrest with grab handles. I called my local dealer and he said that Cobia liquidated their merchandise in 2000. Any suggestions? Anybody have one they want to sell?

BillP

Captain
Re: Where can I get a transom seat?

Do some leg work and you may get lucky. Forget the dealer and contact the Cobia factory direct via their web site. They may have old stock or be able to tell you who made them for Cobia or if they were done inhouse. If made by a vendor, contact them and see if they will sell or can give the location of stock somewhere. It may be another boat mfg is using the same seats.

r0caldwe

Cadet

Did you have any luck at all with this, I just bought a new cobia too, and I need seats redone.

Ronnie

motocrs826

Recruit

Believe it or not.....

I had a wheel bearing go out on my trailer. I limped to the Academy Sports parking lot. While I was working on the boat trailer I was approached by someone who asked if I needed a transom seat. They had received two by mistake. $350 Sold. Right place at the right time!