Need hull dimensions for my Cobalt 252

cobalt252

Seaman
I have purchased a new aluminum trailer and are trying to set up the bunks and keel rollers to fit the hull dimensions of my 1997 Cobalt 252. I have contacted the Cobalt factory and they have provided me with an engineering drawing that shows the hull dimensions (see attached PDF).

But odly enough, the drawing does not have 3 critical dimensions needed to set up a bunk trailer with keel rollers. I am not near my boat, so I cannot measure these dimensions. But, the new trailer is sitting in my drive-way and I'd like to set it up as close as possible to avoid having to load and unload the boat several times.

If anyone has the following dimensions, it would simplify my life enormously:
- transom (drain hole) to where the hull just starts to curve up - also called the "running surface at keel") - M
- inner strake dimension (first sets of stringers from keel, outside edge to outside edge) - N
- height from middle stringer to bottom of the keel - P

Thank you!

Attachments

• 252 tlr data sheets.pdf
    128.4 KB · Views: 2

PDQCobalt

Recruit
Re: Need hull dimensions for my Cobalt 252

I took a look on my 252 (1997).

M - Looks like about 185"

N - There is no inner strake on this hull. As a point of reference, my bunk trailer has the two inner bunks set 15" apart (inside edge to inside edge.)

P - I don't understand this reference. Can you mark on PDF? It does not appear to be indicated.