cobalt parts

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class
has anyone come across any cobalt dealers that happen to have a bunch of older stock parts on hand? Checked locally my dealers have no old inventory, but i'm sure somewhere in this country there is a dealer loaded up with older parts, 80's-90's vintage.

chris0061

Chief Petty Officer
Re: cobalt parts

If you find one let me know will ya? I'm like you, searching all over and no luck. The only thing the closest Cobalt dealer in my area could get me are the emblems.

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

From what I understand the emblems are always available, why not it's advertising for them? Im in the NY area, where are you looking?
Never mind, Just saw your public profile, IL, but can't delete thread?
I would like to see a master list of dealers, website only shows one or two dealers as determined by zipcode, would have to keep inputting many zips.

chris0061

Chief Petty Officer

yeah, it would be nice if they had some kind of list.

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

gonna start doing zipcodes east of Missisippi during week, you wanna try a different zone and see what we find?

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chris,
I've been trying a coupla of dealers a day along the eastern seaboard, no luck yet, but the dealers have all been very nice and referring me to other leads(again with no luck). I'm keeping a positive outlook, I don't understand why this isn't a more active forum, considering the quality of the boats and how much the owners appreciate their Cobalts.

chris75h

Seaman

Fellas I cant help much. I am in Oklahoma and I will tell you I cannot find much aftermarket help at the Cobalt dealer here for my 1981. They are nice and polite but they have said they do not carry any stock at all for my boat. I needed new stickers for the Cobalt emblem and the American Flag and they didnt have any. They had the new "Cobalt" lettering that is raised and chrome but not the old stick on letters. They didnt have a windshield wiper for the '81. I have begun just dealing with a local marina instead of the Cobalt dealer just because of the milage associated with going to the dealer.

I talked to a lady here that designs lettering and she is putting it together for us. Good luck but I would say our dealer wont have much either.

Again, The guys here have been great they just dont have anything to help with so far.

Chris

chris0061

Chief Petty Officer

Chris, my dealer can get the emblems from that era, she can't get the frames but can get the stickers. Also guys Google Genes Marine Salvage. They are trying to mach up my tack and it sounds like they have a pretty good inventory. worth a check.

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

I emailed then for some parts, no luck. Been trying other marinas' too, luck is running out but I know there is a marina somewhere with all this NOS sitting on the shelves.

chris0061

Chief Petty Officer

You'd think there was. This has become a quest. Like my guages are teleflex, I wrote them and they wrote back and told me that teleflex was out of the guage business. But there is somewhere to be had all the parts a guy needs.

chris0061

Chief Petty Officer

Bones, what exactly are you looking for? The guy who sold me this cobalt has a open bow he can't get the title streighted out on and may have to part it out. Let me know and I can see if he has it or can find it.

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

if he has the large single helm seat, there are a couple of sliders between the seat track and floor track, they are made out of some type of plastic. I posted pics on another thread, just search my name and you will see seat hardware. In the meantime i could probably use alot of other bits and pieces, while i think about it. thanks Chris.

jaycmac1

Recruit

I have a 1978 Cobalt Condesa. I am having stern seat problems myself.maybe we can help each other.
My tracks consist of two aluminum "z" channel on the bottom of the seat and 2 on the floor. These mirror each other. and are 20" in length.
My problem is my seats were taken apart and I only have one of the brakets that mount on the seat cushion pieces. Both the arms and brackets are still on the seat base. Needing to know how the arms connect to the cushions to allow the movement to lay flat. If you got pictures of that, I can machine the other brackets. Hopefully we can work together to get these seat moving smoothly.

chris75h

Seaman

Chris, my dealer can get the emblems from that era, she can't get the frames but can get the stickers. Also guys Google Genes Marine Salvage. They are trying to mach up my tack and it sounds like they have a pretty good inventory. worth a check.

chris0061, can you get me your dealers number? I think I would rather get the actual emblems if she has them than the reproduction.

Thanks,

Chris

bpante

Cadet

Try Causway Marine (# 1 Cobalt Dealer) in Manahawakin NJ 609-597-3488 ask for Rick