1987 Citation 1900 I/O

Pirate Canvas

Recruit
Hey folks, we just picked up an 87 Citation 1900 I/O. It is a cuddy cabin but the production tag calls it an I/O and not CC. Does anyone have any idea why that may be? Also, the NADA guide said that the engine options ranged from a 120 hp 4 cylinder all the way up to an 8.1 Litre. Has anyone seen anything other than a 4 cylinder in them? We are going to make this boat the company project for 2019 and we are looking to give it a little more power.

Thanks

tpenfield

Staff member
I don't think is matters what the production tag calls it. An I/O boat with a cuddy cabin . . . :)

Not a very big boat, so stick to the 4 cylinder or V6 for power. NADA may list all known engine sizes, not that they would actually be offered on the boat.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
My first really boat was a 1986 with 120 Mercruiser. Ran the heck out of that boat.
Pretty light. Doesn’t much HP

Pirate Canvas

Recruit
Thanks for the information. I have seen some pictures of a Citation 1900cc with an OMC 5.0 in it. It looked like a tight fit, but I think we are going to look pretty seriously at a Mercruiser 5.0 or 5.7. I love the sound of a V8 with thru hull exhaust.