Chris Craft, input wanted?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chris Craft, input wanted?

She's a floater! And a runner! Nice:thumb:

(you know you just gave me permission to run my boat without having the dog house completed right)

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

She's a floater! And a runner! Nice:thumb:

(you know you just gave me permission to run my boat without having the dog house completed right)

Yessir...however, this one has a sunpad in lieu of a dog house!! GO for it!

banshee owner

Petty Officer 1st Class

from the audio in the video (which doesn't do a good running motor justice) she sounded nice and solid. wish the motor was the biggest problem with my boat lol. Good job on the build. To many years of trouble free boating

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

from the audio in the video (which doesn't do a good running motor justice) she sounded nice and solid. wish the motor was the biggest problem with my boat lol. Good job on the build. To many years of trouble free boating

Thanks! I'll take reliability over speed any day...

I'll have to check-out your project!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Got some 3M rubbing compound and Mother's Synthetic Wax applied today. She cleaned up very nice. The exterior hull is a 9 (out 10) the cap is prolly a 7!

This is after Rubbing compound, prior to Waxing.

Shine Port.jpgShine Starboard.jpg

I cannot wait for interior...next month!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

So how does it feel to be an inboard owner??

Miss that Baja though still can't believe how fast that boat was, left me in your wake in no time!!

Going hunting tomorrow, I know you say next month but I wouldn't be surprised to see you getting after the interior when I get back next week LOL!!

(well maybe not next week hopefully sooner)

Last edited:

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

So how does it feel to be an inboard owner??

Miss that Baja though still can't believe how fast that boat was, left me in your wake in no time!!

Going hunting tomorrow, I know you say next month but I wouldn't be surprised to see you getting after the interior when I get back next week LOL!!

(well maybe not next week hopefully sooner)

Inboards are far easier for me to work on?! Grew up wrenching on my cars (chevy's, pontiacs, toyotas).
I do miss the Baja; however, could've be not having a boat at all?

The interior will most likely get done (professionally) after I close a few more deals? Should run me a grand or so for interior and bow/helm covers?! MayBe $200 more for new snap in carpet, although, the ones that came with it are useable? Will see?

Have a great time hunting? Where (or where'd) you go? I was supposed to leave this morning, but decided I wanted to spend my $ on the CC?!

All my buddies went outside of Walden (Bundy Park)

~Brett

Last edited:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Inboards are far easier for me to work on?! Grew up wrenching on my cars (chevy's, pontiacs, toyotas).
I do miss the Baja; however, could've be not having a boat at all?

The interior will most likely get done (professionally) after I close a few more deals? Should run me a grand or so for interior and bow/helm covers?! MayBe $200 more for new snap in carpet, although, the ones that came with it are useable? Will see?

Have a great time hunting? Where (or where'd) you go? I was supposed to leave this morning, but decided I wanted to spend my $ on the CC?!

All my buddies went outside of Walden (Bundy Park)

~Brett

Don't really know specifically, somewhere around Collbran, they told me what unit to get the tag in, and I got it, I was bummed that we weren't going back up to timberline in the White River National Forest (I freaking LOVE that area), but I was told we drink beer in this area which tells me its not the mountain goat hunting I'm used to...

Last edited:

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Don't really know specifically, somewhere around Collbran, they told me what unit to get the tag in, and I got it, I was bummed that we weren't going back up to timberline in the White River National Forest (I freaking LOVE that area), but I was told we drink beer in this area which tells me its not the mountain goat hunting I'm used to...

That's mostly what we do hunting (whilst not actually hunting, that's irresponsible?) at camp anyway! We usually go for a week! You're going just a an hour (as the crow flies) South of where we hunt! Good luck and straight shooting!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Renaming the boat is a questionable activity; however, we've decided we didn't like the 'previous name' as it didn't fit our personality...so I wet sanded off the name (not to be mentioned again until I do the appeasing of the gods ceremony). So, a few names we're considering...

Debt Finder (depth finder play)
Hydro Therapy
Cinderella (wife's favorite, not mine)
Depth-decated
Tube Toy
Liquid Addiction
Almost AfFORDable (given the power plant?)
OPD-Obsessive Propulsion Disorder (my favorite!)
Carkylanic (My son's name is Carter and daughter's is Kyla)

Input? Ideas?
~Brett

Maclin

Admiral

We combined our youngest kids names, Taylor and Connor, to come up with "Taylor Conn" for the current boat. On one of my first outings with it I earned the title "Wave Slayer" so we use that for the nickname.

We also have an inflatable boat the kids won from some contest just before we got got this boat so we named it also...
"Taylor Conn II -- Raft of Conn"

Once we were in the naming mode it seemed only natural to name the tube...
"Tubular Conn"

Couldn't leave out the knee board or skis after all of that thinking, so we followed the "WaveSlayer" theme for them

Combo Skis ....: "Wave Dancer"
Slalom.........: "Wave Teaser"
Kneeboard......: "Wave Bait"

Have some fun with it!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

so is this open for public voting lol

For Sure!!

We combined our youngest kids names, Taylor and Connor, to come up with "Taylor Conn" for the current boat. On one of my first outings with it I earned the title "Wave Slayer" so we use that for the nickname.

We also have an inflatable boat the kids won from some contest just before we got got this boat so we named it also...
"Taylor Conn II -- Raft of Conn"

Once we were in the naming mode it seemed only natural to name the tube...
"Tubular Conn"

Couldn't leave out the knee board or skis after all of that thinking, so we followed the "WaveSlayer" theme for them

Combo Skis ....: "Wave Dancer"
Slalom.........: "Wave Teaser"
Kneeboard......: "Wave Bait"

Have some fun with it!

I like it...fits my OCD (CDO, because that's the proper order!) behavior!

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

Awsome Thread Brett !
congrats on your progress so far. Keep us posted.
wake.jpg

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Awsome Thread Brett !
congrats on your progress so far. Keep us posted.
View attachment 214899

Thanks Aftcab!

I've seen some of your posts and really like that old/new Glastron...that Friscoboater sure does some quality work!

We've decided on the name for the boat...OPD, Obsessive Propulsion Disorder

If you know me, it's fitting and how I tackle projects...110% all the time...

Renaming ceremony will happen next spring and Because no one on here knows the 'old name' no one will be allowed to utter it!!!

~Brett

banshee owner

Petty Officer 1st Class

lol being from Canada and today is thanksgiving i couldn't figure out how you got mail today its a holiday but only for us.

is that a bellows for your steering

chriscraft254

Commander

Another CC owner! :) Looks like you got a great deal to me. What did you find out with the stringers? Solid? By the way, the Chris Craft is special, it has more history than any other brand!! ;)

Don't forget to budget in some electronics and LED lighting.

Last edited:

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Another CC owner! :) Looks like you got a great deal to me. What did you find out with the stringers? Solid? By the way, the Chris Craft is special, it has more history than any other brand!! ;)

Don't forget to budget in some electronics and LED lighting.

The only issue I saw, with anything was a small pad in the front of the bilge that had split away from and cracked?! It's small and has not structural importance as it's used as the pump and float pad. I sealed with some Dicor roof sealant (RV) and should be fine? There's no access to the stringers as this boat has a full fiberglass liner! The Engine mounts were solid and dry as a bone, and the way it was sitting on the lot for all those years, there's no real way for anything more than a few inches to build up and get into the substructure?! The floor is solid, the ski locker, while nasty full of mold, was easily cleaned with bathroom cleaner and looks new and solid?! The only was to check stringers is by removing the FB liner...because it feels solid and I have no indicators to start tearing up good structure looking for the small chance of stringer moisture...I'll let ride till I see any indicators?!

Chris Craft is one of the oldest Marine Manufactures in existance...while this particular year/model is very staid, I'm very happy to have her home, running and all cleaned up!

LED's are a must, yours has set the standard!

~Brett