Chris Craft Owners: Register Your Boat or Restore Thread Here.

atcoast2000

Cadet
Re: Chris Craft Owners: Register Your Boat or Restore Thread Here.

There will be a new resto in progress posted soon. I am beginning the resto on my 1987 21.3 SeaHawk center console with a 1998 Merc 250 EFI on the back...there is very very little information on this model (well not that I have found) so I think this will be very useful info with pics. I will keep you informed.

Globetrottin1

Seaman Apprentice

http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topic...erosport-just-purchased-questions-584899.html

Link to thread I started for the 1988 Amerosport I just purchased. I'm in Northern Kentucky and the boat is in Virginia. I'm having some things done to it over the winter before shipping it home and taking advantage of the free winter storage. It will be more of a restoration thread once she arrives in he Spring.

I found a 1984 Scorpion 212 on Craigs list that was beat up pretty bad and both the seller and I knew that the transom was completely rotten, so I got it super cheap. That was in September. So far I have rebuilt the transom and reduced the width of the opening to a single motor. Added all Stainless steel deck hardware, and stainless steel flush mounted rod holders. Paint, after a LOT of patching, filling, fairing, and sanding, is rolled and tipped Pettit Easypoxy. I've also enlarged the scuppers, put on a bimini top, added a bow rail, replaced the damaged rub rail,redid the dash, replaced most of the wiring, installed two new bilge pumps, and put on a Yamaha 150 HPDI. Still tons of work to do inside the cuddy, but at least it is starting to look presentable.

018.JPG

005.jpg

013 present.jpg

007 after2.jpg

003 after.jpg

Last edited:

Globetrottin1

Seaman Apprentice

It's looking great! Keep up the good work. Let me know if/where you find any new gasket material for the windshield if that's an issue for you. I need to find some for my '88 Amerosport. It has shrunk and no longer makes it all the way to the corners. From your photos, it looks like it might be the same application.

TheClark1979

Recruit

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I bought my Chris Craft about a year ago, and we are just starting the restore. Not a whole lot of work needed other than restoring the gelcoat, and then redoing the cuddy. I've already taken most of the striping off and done some of the gelcoat restore, but I think I'm going bite the bullet and try to wetsand the bad spots.

Thought I would show it off a little. Glad to see so many still appreciate the Chris Craft.

First day we picked it up

418725_3310312600887_1294520705_n_zpsf8a6e088.jpg

Last trip out before the engine blew up.

559253_4295767076633_1357037614_n_zps2cdf4c85.jpg

One of my twins practicing being the skipper.
306847_4261064851161_747903568_n_zps9c802737-1.jpg

newtoon

Cadet

Hello All,
I'm not that new to the forum but this is my first post as a Chris Craft owner. Our kids are growing up and here lately it's just been the wife and I on the boat so we decided to get something we could weekend on. It took a few months but we finally sold the pontoon...in the middle of February of all times. We looked at several cruisers in our price range and came across this little monster. The wife is a bit claustrophobic and this one, at a beamy 14', was the only one that didn't make her want to stay on the dock. The boat has a few issues that need to be addressed but mostly she just needs to be loved, updated and used. I guess that's where we come in. We've just had her a few weeks and it has been cold, wet and windy here for most of that, but we are cleaning her within an inch of her life and have even managed to take a couple of trips out on the lake. I've done some maintenance and replaced a piece or two but nothing major. This boat is a huge departure from our bare bones pontoon. I have all kinds of electronics and am still trying to figure out how most of them work (thousands of dollars in electronics and not a fish finder in the bunch!). We're just taking it slow, looking and learning. I have read most of the Chris Craft posts and learned alot. I appreciate those in the know who post here. I know enough to get myself in trouble...

Globetrottin1

Seaman Apprentice

Hello All,
I'm not that new to the forum but this is my first post as a Chris Craft owner. Our kids are growing up and here lately it's just been the wife ......

Welcome aboard! The guys and gals on this forum are really great and very helpful, I've found. My situation is somewhat similar to yours except for the kid grown part. I went from a 16.5' fish n ski to a 30' (LOA) Amerosport. My beam is only 10'2" but still much larger and roomier than what I had before. I still don't physically have mine though I purchased it last November.. It was supposed to be shipped this coming Monday from Virginia to Cincinnati but the weather has pushed us back now until April 9. The longer the boat stays in Norfolk the more it costs me, not because of storage fees but because I keep saying to myself " we'll, I don't want to mess with this or that when it gets here so ill just have those guys do it while its sitting there in their boat yard"!
So far I've had t re-striped, gel coat repairs , total gel cat clean up and waxing, Fiberglass repairs to inner hull in the bow, ballcocks replaced in engine room, exhaust vent hoses, etc. oh, and the new name "Escape Plan" added on to her!
I have her slip reserved and paid for the season and a wife and kid that still have yet to see her except in photos!
I can't wait to get her here and get started enjoying th life aquatic again!:):)

newtoon

Cadet

I know what you mean about being on the water. I didn't know what we were going to do when we sold our pontoon but I knew we were going to have something that floated when it warmed up.

We were fortunate in that our "new" boat was at a marina just down the road. I had been sitting for about a year. The previous owner had been transferred. I don't think it had been out of the slip until we took it on a sea trial. The boat is basically as it came in 1988. The cabin is original and almost mint but the wife says it needs a makeover. That's her department. I need to repaint the beauty stripe and replace some clear in the enclosure. I also need to fix a place on the swim platform where someone obviously reversed with too much exuberance. All in all, not too bad for a 25 year old boat.

On the plus side: The engines run great. The props, cutlass bearings and bottom paint are from 2012. The generator has ridiculously low hours. The engine room is clean and neat as a pin, most of the switches make something happen and most everything actually works!

Best wishes with your boat. I know you'll have a blast...

shawndodd7

Recruit

1985 Scorpion 210 Limited, Cuddy, 260 Mercruiser. I am in the process of getting new decals, couple of badges and a few odds and ends. I am looking for one in particular that I just noticed recently and can't find it on and search engines. It is a small circle decal with the it is clear and faded so that's why I missed it, it has a small Chris Craft badge at the bottom and a reath coming out from both sides going up the name above that and something in the middle I cant read. Is the a manufacture59322_1390979209982_3647835_n.jpg46766_1390980330010_1000811_n.jpg58341_1390980130005_6389092_n.jpg47786_1390979729995_2363116_n.jpg58607_1390980210007_3303449_n.jpg date thing or something like that? any way it's on the Stearn starboard side just above the rub rail about an inch or two in diameter. Does anyone know what it is and can I get another??

newtoon

Cadet

Congrats on you and your boat gettin to the same place!

Galentheboatkiller

Seaman Apprentice

Jacalore

Chief Petty Officer

Take possession of a 1985 Chris Craft Scorpion 169 on Saturday.
Looking for any and all info on the boat and engine.

Thanks

Jacalore

Chief Petty Officer

Beauty, eh!

ICEFANG

Cadet

sailors boat.jpg 56 cxb 0045h Chriscraft #'s does anyone know what these numbers mean???

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

1999 Chris Craft Dash Resto

Before and after
before.jpgWP_20140329_003.jpg

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

I was thinking of doing the same, only in Carbon Fiber? Yours turned out awesome!