Charger Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamburgerman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got this Charger Boat I had never heard of this kind before it is a 1984 v160 15.5 feet long seems to be a good boat, hevy but rides nice.

Re: Charger Boat

Hey there Burgerman! I'm glad to see someone else has a Charger besides me! d:) I have seen more of them in Missouri, especially around Table Rock. Probably because they are made in Missouri!. :) I have a 195VF that I bought new in 1991. I looked at boats for 5 years before I found this one. It is a great boat. Has a great ride. Empty hull weight is 1,400 #, that is most of the reason I guess. The keel is about 3-4 inches lower than the running pad, so in rough water, I can trim down and cut the waves and smoth them out. The storage is the best I have ever saw in any boat so far. I believe you will like your Charger, I know I sure do mine. I get complements on it all the time. There is a web site for them it is Charger.com or chargerboats.com, I don't remember which. Good fishing and boating to you.

Bdady

svdk

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, two charger boat owners.

I have one as well but much older. Mine is a mid1970's (If I remember correctly '76) tri-hull, center console, deckboat with a 1981, 115 hp evinrude. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. I believe a new floor will be in order in the next couple of years.

I called Charger Boats to get information on my hull. It turns out the factory had a fire that destroyed a lot of the records for their early models. I was able to speak with the guy that actually designed and built my hull. I thought that was kind of cool.

Take care.

SVDK

sharkbate02

Cadet

i have a 1986 charger with an evinrude xp150. that boat takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. it rides like a champ and weighs like a tank!

SSparkee

Recruit

Hello, everyone! I'm new to boating and I just acquired a used boat. I haven't heard of Charger Boats until now, and it seems that they only make fishing boats now. It is a 1987 Charger, 18 footer, not sure of the model but it has "2050" on the side of the boat, and it is more of a ski boat. It has an Alpha One stern drive and 200 Hp Chevy 305 inboard engine. It needs alot of work (broken gimbel ring, stern drive is broken in pieces and parts are missing, interior need replaced and/or recovered, and a bunch of little things), but I hope to have it sea worthy for next spring. Have a good one!

Attachments

• rev_P7070002.JPG
    rev_P7070002.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
  • rev_P1010010.JPG
    rev_P1010010.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 3

Life_force5

Recruit

Does anyone have an phone number of a supplier for Charger Parts. I have a 1986 Charger 1850 that is just sitting and I need to have the interior replaced and/or recovered. The back cover is a mess and I am having trouble finding someone to repair it. I thought if I could find Parts for it I could replace it myself. Thanks

Kev144

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bump! Just purchased a 1989 Charger DL! 800 pounds and is equiped with a 150hp blackmax merc! This thing is fast and tosses a huge rooster tail!

clevecan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I too have a 747 charger bass boat and love it, looked at lot of boats and out of all it was the best for me,

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1976 Charger, Tri Hull, Center console. Just put a 1981 90HP Merc on it. Still have to get it all connected up for this summers boating. I am looking for additional information on the boat. Specifically the information on the capacity plate. The one on the boat is so faded that you cannot read it. There has been a lot of work done to it since I got it and did real well with the 50 HP Merc, just needed a little more "Power". If you know of more information on this boat please get hold of me.

Attachments

• Charger Boat 9 b.jpg
    Charger Boat 9 b.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the information. I did talk to Michelle and she emailed me a copy of a flyer on it. I did also make contact with SVDK from this forum who got a picture of the Spec Plate from his Charger AFC. His is the only other one that I have found so far in over a year now. I am going to use his picture and have a new plate made for my boat. Here is a link to some pictures and the information I have gathered so far. For the most part it covers all that I was looking for.

Thanks for the information and reply, it is really appreciated!!

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/1_Richard/

touchofclass

Recruit

charger

Challenger84

Petty Officer 1st Class

I too have a Charger Boat it's an 84 16' with a 70 Johnson.
I don't know the model.
Hello fellow Charger owners

sompa

Cadet

my boat before this one was a 747xlt and loved it. Was a terrific boat

Mauser Guy

Recruit

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on Charger Boats. I've got a 2000 375T Fish and Ski. What a great rig! At 19'-4" with a 200 Mercury EFI on the back and a SS power prop I can still get 55+mph out of her! Stable as a rock. And she planes off in less than 5 secs.! I think with the right prop it's a legitimate 70mph boat. But alas I have to sell her. Really too bad.:( Have a great time on the water!

scottf876

Recruit

A friend of mine has an '89 Charger bowrider, and he is selling it. Its in really good shape for a 20 year old boat, and only needs some cosmetic work. Has a new motor, and a dual tandem trailer. He is practically giving it away. So I will be a new owner of a Charger boat. I've never heard of them before but seems like they make a nice boat and older ones are still on the water. The boat and trailer are both red. It looks similar to the boat the guy a few posts above has, but its ready to go out on the water right now. I'll post some more info and pics with the exact specs later.

mtzfd22

Recruit

I just recently got a Charger boat myself. Got it on CL its a 1980 Charger Fish & Ski. Needs an interior and outboard but the floor and transom are solid. I got the project boat and trailer for free so its not to bad. Now I just need info on the boat. Any good suggestions on where to get the info? I have the HIN. Any leads in the right direction would help.

Thanks

mppanj12

Recruit

I special ordered my 16' open bow Charger in 1983, I got the Evinrude 115 outboard motor with the package. I have always regretted not ordering the Evinrude 220 but at the time it was $600.00 more which was a lot back then. But, it peaked at 42 mph in 1984 and still peaks at 37mph today. The Charger boats were hand crafted in Missouri by the Campbell Company which went out of business in the early 1990's. I can pull two skiers or tubers with a full boat and it still works like a champ, now my son's 2008 Glastron with twin Volvo 440's does 72mph which is insane.

Hi There Mauser Guy Did you ever sale your boat I`ve just purchase a 1999 375T Fish and ski do you still have any Manuals or Brochures on this boat, Any info will help.

mparker66

Recruit
Looks like this thread has been dead for 10 years.
Either way, just picked up a 1988 Charger 747V 16' with 1979 Mercury 70HP motor. Discovered that the two compartments on either side of the bilge have water in them. About to drill 1" holes in the rear on either side of transom to drain the water. Not sure it's going to be worth fixing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.