chaparral 278xlc

1947dodge

Cadet
Hello everyone, I have the chance to buy a 1987 278xlc chaparral from a close friend of mine.. He has had it seven years and bought another boat anyways my question is whats a fair price between buddies? The alpha one outdrive was just rebuilt along with bellows and new shift cables..The engine is a 350 merc. that was totally rebuilt with new pistons larger heads, maybe 4 years ago and also has a custom above exaust above the water so is load to say the least, ( which I like).. Now it does need a little tlc, captains chair and passenger side cushion shot and the downstairs needs a little urothane on the cabinets to look decent but overall in good shape..Both sinks work and the toliet fushes all good... The floors are in great shape the decks fiberglass and the outside except where the wood trim is (which needs urothane) is very nice looking...

1947dodge

Cadet
Re: chaparral 278xlc

1]Hello everyone, I have the chance to buy a 1987 278xlc chaparral from a close friend of mine.. He has had it seven years and bought another boat anyways my question is whats a fair price between buddies? The alpha one outdrive was just rebuilt along with bellows and new shift cables..The engine is a 350 merc. that was totally rebuilt with new pistons larger heads, maybe 4 years ago and also has a custom above exaust above the water so is load to say the least, ( which I like).. Now it does need a little tlc, captains chair and passenger side cushion shot and the downstairs needs a little urothane on the cabinets to look decent but overall in good shape..Both sinks work and the toliet fushes all good... The floors are in great shape the decks fiberglass and the outside except where the wood trim is (which needs urothane) is very nice looking...

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: chaparral 278xlc

about $10K for boat. maybe a bit more if there is a trailer.

proper spelling is "urethane" as in polyurethane :)