Early 90s 2000SL owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

avimgod

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone replace their floor?

What engines are you guys running?

Sport seating guys, can you shoot me pics of your rear seating layout, I am working mine to that config, and would like to come close to what the factory was doing, but am having issues finding pictures... if you have some, please send to EDIT thanks

ALSO..

What else have you guys done to your boats, I see several of us are running larger than OEM engines, but mine with the MERC 350 MPI likes to sit WAY transom low (water line around the rear rub rail, but bow more than 3 -4 feet out of the water)...

I like the anchor locker idea, and might just be borrowing that one... and am trying to figure out a spot for in-floor cooler, even though my "cube" cooler fits perfectly between the front seating...

Glad to see there are a few more 90 2000SLs out there..

Thanks for the time, I will post more pics once I get further down the road with my restomods...

for now.. pictures of how my 08 season came to an abrupt end, the day after I installed my bimini... and the offending truck.... 2K in damage to my boat, totaled her truck, 18YO female with no insurance...

Attachments

• 0927082128a (2).jpg
    0927082128a (2).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1014.jpg
    100_1014.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1015.jpg
    100_1015.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1018.jpg
    100_1018.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Champmara

Recruit
Re: Early 90s 2000SL owners...

Have a '90 2000SL with original Mercruiser 5.7 with Alpha 1 outdrive. I don't know if the photos are clear but mine has the sun deck over the engine compartment as well as the starboard and port side storage bins. It has a bench seat aft. When I get it out of storage, I will post more photos. I am currently having the sun deck pads and the aft bench re-upholstered.

I am also entetaining replacing the flooring so I'd like to see your photos of the flooring upgrade when you get there. I am waiting for the early '90s teal to come back into fashion, then I'd really have something! LOL

Attachments

• DSC01910b.jpg
    DSC01910b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1

avimgod

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Exactly what I was looking for, And I would love to see interior pics when you get them.. I am working out where to put everything now, was going to pull the deck this weekend, but alas weather man is calling for rain all weekend...

I bought mine 2 years ago, and it was pink (badly oxidized red).. I need to do some gell coat touch up, and plan to finish eveything off with a nice sand / polish job as the compund I used already didn't remove all the clouds..

I am also playing with the idea (since I will already have the materials) of making up a front end hard cover to attach to the hand rails with seal to the cap and windshield... just a thought at this point, but I am sure the entire thing will flesh out over the next month or so as I get going on it..

I will be taking pictures and posting a thread in the restoration area to cover the work and progress, and to bounce ideas off the experts over there!

Thanks for the reply! I guess there are more of these boats around than I thought (saw the EXACT duplicate of my boat with the 4 banger in it one day on teh river!!!).. they were suprised when I fired up the 5.7 and took off :)

Champmara

Recruit

No doubt. I bought mine about 5 years ago, it had 260 hours on it when i got it. I had it sanded and polished about a month ago (probably for the first time ever) and it looks like a completely different boat.
I'll keep up with the restoration section to check your problem. I post more photos when I get to it.

Champmara

Recruit

I meant to say I'd check on your progress, not problem. LOL::redface:

5.72000sl

Recruit

I posted a thread in the building and restoration forum... WOW was it nasty once I pulled up the carpet, but might not be as bad as I thought it could have been...

My Oh My, why not to use PT wood without glass or resin..*/ 379542

wow that is a crazzy project! you have me wondering what is underneath my carpet. My 90 2000sl sport is all original besides the sundeck which i converted to one big hatch. glad to see there are other people passionate about this boat. My dad bought mine new in 1990. sold it about 10 years ago, i bought it from the guy he sold it to about 7 years ago. she has 580 hrs now on the original small block and outdrive and still can hit low 60s. other guys with this boat with yamaha outdrives claim 70mph i guess. to me that is sketchy because it feels unstable at 60. Here are some pics of mine

-Will from Michigan

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Just wondering if there are any updates? I have a 1990 2000 SL Sport with a 4.3L LX. Getting ready to tear into my floor.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just wondering if there are any updates? I have a 1990 2000 SL Sport with a 4.3L LX. Getting ready to tear into my floor.

Baylinerchuck

Of course not!. The guy hasn't been here in over 6 years. Please look at the age of threads, 90 days/3 months or so of inactivity is our limit.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.