chysler engine color

nathanb42

Cadet
I have a 1972 century coronado that I have been redoing for the past year. we were able to take her out on the lake last week for the first time in a year. but when we got her home my wife noticed an oil spot under the boat. after looking around I found that the rear main seal is leaking. so now I have to pull the motor and at least replace the seals. my question is what is the original color of the chrysler 330 hp in these boats. reight now it is a blue but I was wondering which blue should i use? thank you nathan b

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: chysler engine color

It's called "Chrysler Blue". It's a medium blue color (not royal or baby blue). You can buy it in spray cans at most automotive stores.
I used it to refinish my Crusader engines- it's almost an identical color.
Earlier Chrysler big blocks ('66-'71) were turquoise in color.

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Our 72 Coronado had only 200 hrs on her when we bought her home in 2008. She had her original spark plug wires!

Attachments

• DSCF0058 (1).JPG
    DSCF0058 (1).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
  • wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0

nathanb42

Cadet

Thank you for the help! Tahorover it is cool that yours had the original wires and only two hundred hours. mine is a little darker blue that yours.

100_3728.jpg

here is a link to pictures of mine

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/nbracing42/1972%20century%20coroando/

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Here's a before and after picture of mine. Rebuild was done in the winter of 2009. Working on the interior now, sort of. Haven't done much with the extreme temps this summer but beginning to pick it up again.
before.JPGafter.jpg

New interior (happening now) includes all new vinyl from A&A Marine, Rebuilt engine box using Mahogany in the "bar" section, and re-doing the dash in mahogany.