Thinking of buying a Century, got a few questions

cjac2879

Seaman
I am going to look at a Century boat... the seller lists it as a 1986 Century 4500 LXi... Now Ive done a lil research, and found that century didnt make the 4500 until 1987, and didnt make an LX until 1989.. So im not sure if it was a typo or not... We'll see when I look at it... What I am curious about is whether or not Century is a good quality boat... I am upgrading from a 1988 Bayliner Capri Cuddy, and I learned alot by mistakes I made buying that boat, and quickly learned that Bayliner was about quantity over quality.. I was just looking for a little input... Looking at the pics, it looks like a really clean boat in really good shape. I will know more then I look at it.. hopefully next week

Attachments

• IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Thinking of buying a Century, got a few questions

Century's reputation in building quality boats is with their inboards not I/Os. Yes a Century I/O will be a thousand times better than a Bayliner, but still fall short on a Inboard Century.

mpdcam

Cadet

That looks very similar to my boat. Mine is a 1989 4500 CLX Sport. Great boat.

jim909

Cadet

I am going to look at a Century boat... the seller lists it as a 1986 Century 4500 LXi... Now Ive done a lil research, and found that century didnt make the 4500 until 1987, and didnt make an LX until 1989.. So im not sure if it was a typo or not... We'll see when I look at it... What I am curious about is whether or not Century is a good quality boat... I am upgrading from a 1988 Bayliner Capri Cuddy, and I learned alot by mistakes I made buying that boat, and quickly learned that Bayliner was about quantity over quality.. I was just looking for a little input... Looking at the pics, it looks like a really clean boat in really good shape. I will know more then I look at it.. hopefully next week

I have 92 4500 CLX, and I love it. I've had it for about 3 years and I've loved every minute. When I was looking to purchase, I looked at Bayliners, Wellcrafts, and a few others. However when I found my Century, my search was over. Given the date of this thread, what did you decide? Did you get it? Please share...