1995 Celebrity 200 Fuel Quantity Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Celebrity 200 Fuel Quantity Issue

The fuel quantity indicator reads off scale high, regardless of fuel level in the tank. I have checked wiring for corrosion, cleaned the sender, and verified wiring connections. For grins, I installed a new sending unit-no change. I do notice that when I have the sender out of the tank and connected to the wiring, the indicator moves downward approx. 1/4" when the sender (old or new one) is all the way down (empty tank position). 2 questions: first-is there an adjustment for the indicator to calibrate it to a new sender unit; second-is this an indication of a bad indicator?

Disconnect the sender wire from the gauge and turn on the key. If it stays high, the gauge is bad. If it goes to empty, it could be a wiring problem.

Is this a new problem?
    BOAT SPECS • FORUM HELP • STARCRAFT FORUM • SHOP iboats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

It is new. The gage goes to empty when I disconnect the sender post wire.

Comment

Then you have some bad wiring. Did you do anything to the boat prior to the gauge going wacko?

Comment

Had power trim pump hoses replaced in the engine compartment and some floor work done. Think I will try accessing the indicator connections, remove the sending wire from the indicator and sender, make up a wire to go from indicator to the sender post and see if that corrects the problem. Sound like a good idea?

Comment

I ran a new wire direct from the sender stud on the gage to the post on the sending unit, and from the sending unit plate to a known good ground. Same results. Think I need a gage. Any ideas where I might find a replacement? Numbers on the gage housing are 57433 341/94.

Comment

Does the gauge have a makers name on it. iboats sells gauges - http://www.iboats.com/Marine-Engine-...view_id.217132

Comment

Didn't find a name anywhere, just the numbers. I did take a pic of the front & back. I will take a look.

Comment

Working...
                X