Celebrity 1987 22ft cuddy question

beany

Recruit
There is a black box in the ster of the boat in the left hand corner above the batterys that has rusted out. Im not sure what the box does but i think its a onboard battery charger but im not sure, can anyone help or give any tips as to what it is?

Thanks in advance

gandl2123

Cadet
Re: Celebrity 1987 22ft cuddy question

Did you find your answer? I have an 87 19ft? Cuddy and I noticed the thing does not have an alternator....??? What the *&_(?

How does it charge...did you find out? Do you have access to a wiring diagram for the boat? Mine is a Mercruiser 165HP 4cyl I/O.

Mr. Tripp

BigSteve1967

Seaman Apprentice

Did you find your answer? I have an 87 19ft? Cuddy and I noticed the thing does not have an alternator....??? What the *&_(?

How does it charge...did you find out? Do you have access to a wiring diagram for the boat? Mine is a Mercruiser 165HP 4cyl I/O.

Mr. Tripp

Your boat does not have an alternator because it charges from the stator on the front of the motor if you look at what appears to be the harmonic balancer you will see it has wound wires like a motor it is called a stator that is what charges the battery

gandl2123

Cadet

I thought that was a pretty big harmonic balancer....

Thanks.

Any ideas on a wiring diagram for this set up? She hasn't ran for 5 years and wires all over the place. Thanks!