1989 Celebrity 265V

CadillacMan

Cadet
I have a 1989 Celebrity 265V my father gave me. I just put it in the water for the first time. Water is coming into the bilge from 2 what appear to be drains coming from inside the hull that point into the bilge area at the botom of the boat. This is toward the transom at the bottom of the bilge on each side mirroring each other. There is a steady stream of water which keeps the bilge pump active. Where would this be coming from?
I cant find any info on the construction of this boat, just the manual of mechanics. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
WJShaw

Last edited:

Hallo

Cadet
Re: 1989 Celebrity 265V

One or two thing that it might be one there might be a crack that you need to fine or and maybe this is a silly question and then again maybe not if your a neebie to owning a boat but did you stick the plug in before you put it in the water?:confused:

CadillacMan

Cadet

I didnt notice any cracks in the hull before I put it in the water. Ha! thats the first thing my father said. Yes sir I put the plug in with teflon tape. I just wish i knew where those two drains are coming from.:confused: That is the only water that i can see coming in. Just not sure where it is originating.
Signed,
Continuing to look...
thank you tho

CadillacMan

Cadet

ok, I trailered the boat inspected it for cracks or holes in the hull. The only hole is for the AC intake. It doesnt leak.
put it back in the water. As soon I did. It started takin on water under the starboard outdrive assembly. It is definitely coming in from outside. you can see it coming in from the bottom of the assembly as a steady leak. Is there anything that would leak in there that i can replace?
The only experience I have working around this outdrive was replacing the impeller. Mercruiser Alpha one MR. Seemed easy enough.

I am trailering it again. When I do, does anyone have any ideas that i can pursue? I really enjoy this boat,once i get through all the little ghosts that keep popping up.

WJS aka CadillacMan