looking at a 265 celebrity

chris20516

Recruit
i am looking at a celebrity on ebay. i dont no much about the celebrity name. I know they are currently out of business. Did this company make a good boat? Also i have been doing some research on the boats they have made and it seems like they have been putting twin 350's in them, but this one has a single 7.2l 454 Why is this?
thanks
chris

naut-on-call

Recruit
Re: looking at a 265 celebrity

I have owned 2 celebrity boats, a 1983 18' open bow with a 4 cyl. 470 mercruiser it had 170 hp. it was a great boat i never had any problems with that motor, the only reason I sold it was we out grew it! When I sold that boat I got what i payed for it five years later. My current celebrity is a 23' cuddy with the 454ci. We love it, the boat does great where we boat on the Mississippi river (pools 25,26). Celebrity are good solid boats I still see alot on the water in the midwest. Celebritys where made in Benton ILL. I guess that why. I have Info on celebritys for 1983-1996

stockdaled

Recruit

I bought a new 18'8" open bow Celebrity in 1984 and still love it. It has a 350cu in Mercruiser (260hp) that's never given me trouble. I'd recommend the line and describe them as heavy boats with deep V hulls that do very well in choppy water. For that reason, they need enough power. I don't know why the one on ebay has a single motor. I'd recommend the added maneuverability of a boat with twin screws.

Naut-on-call: Do you have any info on hwhere to buy replacement seats for my Celebrity?

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 1996 21 ft Firestar CC with a 350 MAG, fuel injected, silent choice, and power trim tabs. I frequent Lake Michigan and this boat is just great on it. I've come across all types of waves and I stay high and dry. It's a great boat.

rjman80016

Recruit

I have owned 2 celebrity boats, a 1983 18' open bow with a 4 cyl. 470 mercruiser it had 170 hp. it was a great boat i never had any problems with that motor, the only reason I sold it was we out grew it! When I sold that boat I got what i payed for it five years later. My current celebrity is a 23' cuddy with the 454ci. We love it, the boat does great where we boat on the Mississippi river (pools 25,26). Celebrity are good solid boats I still see alot on the water in the midwest. Celebritys where made in Benton ILL. I guess that why. I have Info on celebritys for 1983-1996

hi... i'm looking for info on my celebrity -calais 1985 17' could you email me at rjmanlimo@yahoo.com or call me at 303-548-0540..i'm in the denver co area ..thank you