Celebrity Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lets get some talk going about Celebrity I was happy to see they have a section for us now!! :) <br /><br />Anyone got any pictures??<br /><br />Thoughts, opinions, pros, cons...anything!!<br /><br />I have a 97 Bombardier Celebrity 180 Bow rider with a 3.0lt 4 cyl and I love it, a little under powered but any day on the water is better than being at work :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Skipper

lorax

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Celebrity Talk

It seems like they are pretty good boats. I've had an old Glastron and a Rinker. I would say the Celebrity compares very favorably with either.<br /><br />The company had a pretty complicated history. Somewhere along the line I heard that they(Celebrity) shared hull molds with Crownline.

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats interesting Lorax I noticed my boat is very heavy in comparison with others 2600lbs dry weight so I geuss that means there built solid?<br /><br />Do you know where any info is available for Celebrity...so maybe I could spend some money :) <br /><br />Skipper

rob935

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi guys dont know anything bout celebrity boats but im goin to look at a 96 firestar bowrider with a merc 5.7L next week any thoughts or info. for me ?? i currently have a 92 wellcraft excel with a 4.3 volvo so im trying to draw some contrasts before i committ to a deal....thanks.

lorax

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The only info I've seen, of much interest, on Celebrity was this site and Trailer Boats forum which, btw is a pretty good site.<br /><br />Sorry rob, I don't know a thing about firestars. I guess my theory on powerboats is that if the motor or drive train needs fixing, parts are available through Merc or Volvo. Most any other part on the boat is available through Iboats, West Marine, etc etc. If you punch a hole in it or it rots you either pay a fiberglass shop or do the work yourself. So, I've never lost much sleep about brand names and owning an orphan (Celebrity) has never been a problem.

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm in the same "boat" as Lorax I know nothing about Firestar but I have heard good things about the 5.7 let us know how you make out.<br /><br />Good Luck :) <br /><br />Skipper

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just traded in my 1993 Celebrity 180CX on a 2005 Larson Senza 206. It was my 1st boat (I had owned PWCs before that), and it was great. Never had a major problem with the 3.0LX Mercrusier, and that boat was solid and FUN! If Celebrity was still in business, I woulda bought another one.<br /><br />Here's some pictures:<br />

rob935

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks guys youre dead right about the engine and drive being more important than the brand but thought id check first though...good luck with the new senza bob they are a beautifull boat and awesome fun ..

DayCruiser

Ensign

I love my 1990 Celebrity 3.0 18 ft too. I love the way it sits close to the water and the weight makes it cut through most waves with ease. Has a very sleek sporty look to it. I am thinking about buying another Celebrity so I will have a backup lol

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A little under powered but overall I love it :) <br /><br />Skipper

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 1996 21ft. Celebrity Firestar Limited Edition. It has the Mercruiser 350 Magnum. Port Fuel Injection, Bravo one, silent choice, Cuddy cabin. I love the boat. When I first saw it on the water I was really impressed with it's look. I was in the market for a larger boat and the boat was being tied up to the dock. I walked up and asked them what year make and model it was. The girls on board told me the owner would be right back. He went to get the trailer. Once he had it on land I asked him about it. He told me he was thinking about selling it. So, I asked him how much? He told me 13,500. We set up a time to take the boat out the following week. It ran fantastic everything about it was like a brand new boat. I told him I'll take it. He asked when could we do the deal? I pulled out 13,500 cash and said right now. I hooked the boat up to my truck right there and took it home. He called me back about two weeks latter asking me how I liked it. I told him I loved it. He then said if I had any trouble with it he would buy it back. I think he was suffering from sellers remorse. It's a great boat.:love:

dalecover

Cadet

We just bought a 1994 Celebrity Status 220, 22' bowrider with 350 Mag Mercruiser. When the guy told me the age I was blown away, it only looks half its age.

We've had it out pretty much every weekend since we bought it, and haven't had a lick of problems. We love the height of the boat, it rides pretty tall in the water. That's a Good thing on the Mississippi with all the bigger boats throwing big wakes.

Had to re-prop it to get a better holeshot, but now it's really awesome!

We love the boat and are very satisfied with it. Would definitely consider another Celebrity down the road!

Mis dos centavos

pterrio

Recruit

I might be looking to sell my awesome 1989 Celebrity 199SE open bow with the 5.7!! That is if I find a 23/24 foot Celebrity. I have had the 199SE for 4 years and absolutely love it. Talk about quality! Any help on finding a 23/24 footer would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.