Celebrity Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Celebrity Talk

I have a Celebrity 1996 220 cuddy, w/ a 5.7 merc, a have a novice question I just bought the boat, and it has a transom wash down/cabin sink but I can't figure out how to make it work, I dont know if its has a holding talk, or if it raw water, any help would be great! Anyone with a manual for this boat out there please contact. Once again Thanks!

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

We bought an 89 open-bow celebrity last year. We are very happy with the purchase and have had many great weekends on the water!

The one problem we have is the boat rides really rough. Seems like it almost oscillates in choppy water. She cuts through larger wake fine, but rough water, where you can't necessarily see the waves, the bow wants to ride up and down even with the trim all the way down. (If all that makes sense.)

Any advice? Is this just a bad hull design? It's also been suggested we try a whale tail on it... are these effective?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Forget the whale tail - period. You can try experimenting with the trim -trimming out some into a "sweet spot" may eliminate the "porpoising" you describe. If you can't get good results, look into Smart Tabs - there is a load of info on them in the Boat Topics forum. A honcho from Smart Tabs (jdeagro) posts in there quite a bit.

I own a 1989 Celebrity 181 with a 4.3L and the whale tail helped tremendously.

IMGP0658.jpg

DCP_2845A.jpg

I made a slip in platform to hold a fishing chair and installed a quick release mount for a minn kota trolling motor. The only thing "irreversable" is the three 5/16 holes in the bow where the mount fastens.

DCP_2846A.jpg

DCP_2844A.jpg

Jeff

usmcdad

Cadet

My first boat was an 89 Celebrity 181 back in about 1992. We had that boat for 8 years and never had a problem with it.

We sold that boat in 2000 and bought a solid red 220 Firestar. The Firestar had a 350 Mag with the Corsa Exhaust that had one of the sweetest exhaust notes I've ever heard on any boat. We later added a High Five prop, and updated the graphics with the Crownline waving checkered flag and LPX decal. We took the Firestar to Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee two summers for a week each summer. We always got a lot of compliments on the red Firestar wherever we went. When we put it up for sale, the phone rang off the hook, and we sold it right away. It went to a family in St. Louis who drove to Indy and pulled it back home.

Photo in next post.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sinko

Seaman

Picked up a 1997 Celebrity 190 with 4.3L Mercruiser Gen +LXH. This rips around and rides nice up until the power steering pulley crumbled. Boat is sleek though and in great shape.

mikebflyer

Recruit

Here are some pics of my project. Just bought it. 91 181 Bowrider.

Sdc10174.jpg

This is what it looked like when I got it.

Sdc10178.jpg

I'm patching some soft spots and trying to find a motor and outdrive for it. Doing the interior too. Hopefully I'll be on the water this summer.

What do you guys think?

vroom131

Recruit

NEED help 1996 celebrity 200 leaking water by steering wheel hve no clue what it is only comes in when im going fast not wen im sitting or just crusing? hve no clue vever hapend to me before

Feeez

Cadet

Time to get this thread revived guys....

Bought a Celebrity 280s in November.... kind of like getting a bike for Xmas

Boating in Simcoe... Couch for years

Flipper1983

Cadet

My 1996 Celebrity 180 is just sitting in the garage waiting. I go out there and sit in it from time to time and drink a beer and remember last summer. Should only be a couple more weeks here in Texas and it will be time to get her back out on the water ahhhhh I can't wait.

Feeez

Cadet

We have still got a month or so to go up here in the great white north before boating begins... looking forward to a great season.

dvandsm64

Petty Officer 2nd Class

we just bought this 1997 190br with a 5.7 liter 160 hrs.

vector4

Cadet

I just bought a 1995 Celebrity 180 Status from an older gentleman. He bought it from his neighbor in 2000 who was the original owner. Looks showroom condition, has 87 hours on it. It is a nice looking boat I think. I plan to have some fun and get some good use out of it.

JasonCarp

Cadet

Hi,
I'm looking at a 2300 Center Console 1993. Boat appears in good condition visually. My boat mechanic says to steer clear of a Celbrity altogether due to Bayliner like condition and re-sale value. I think I cang get this at just under NADA value, but would like some reassurance.

Has a 200 HP 1998 Suzuki

Let me know your thoughts.

Jason

ahoy49

Seaman

We bought a 1983 Celebrity 18' open bow lat May. She has a 170 hp MerCruiser 4 cyc. It sat for 2 years. Replaced the gimble bearing, impeller, a few hoses, and a sending unit. I also had the motor tuned up. It rides good, is in very good shape cosmetically. I would definately buy another one.

Ahoy

squeak911

Cadet

Hello, New to the forum, Does anybody have a 1991 Celebrity 181 that they can send me some pictures of the rear sundeck. Mine is missing from the rear seat back. It looks like there is some type of cover for the bimini top that I need pictures of how to remake. Thanks

LIdave

Recruit

Hello, New to the forum, Does anybody have a 1991 Celebrity 181 that they can send me some pictures of the rear sundeck. Mine is missing from the rear seat back. It looks like there is some type of cover for the bimini top that I need pictures of how to remake. Thanks

I have 83 210v I took that cover off it was all rotted I think I tossed it. It wasbasically an L piece of plywood wrapped in padding and vinylhinged at the back and there is 2 big holes in the fiberglass I guess that's to store the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.