1989 Celebrity 199 SE - Standing Water Around Engine/Stringers Issue

rsollman

Recruit
Trying to figure out if this is a common issue for this model of Celebrity. I recently purchased this boat and am still in the feeling out phase, my previous Glastron did not have this problem. The engine compartment has the fiberglassed stringers on either side of the motor with motor mounts. On the outsides of these stringers is a small space and then the walls of the flooring come down. I recently pressure washed the carpet in the boat and noticed this space between the floor walls and the stringers is holding water. I can't find a clogged drain anywhere either. Is this normal for this model? I've attached a crude illustration of the engine layout. The dark black lines are the stringers, the cross-hatched areas are the floors.

Everything is fiberglassed in around the entire opening / bilge so it's not standing water on wood or anything.

boat.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Thing this is a question of a general nature. If there is no drain then water will not drain. Your guess is probably correct that it is normal for the model. Your main issue with no comments is the Celebrity folks are very few here. I would suggest looking close and maybe drill your own drain, then seal with glass

rwelts

Seaman Apprentice
hadn't logged in for a while but there is drains up against the transom for each side. they aren't very large (1/2") and clog very easily. the only way to access them for clean out is with the engine out as they sit so far back.

alldodge

Staff member
My Formula is built the same way but it has larger holes to drain the out. Guess you could use a coat hanger, or as mentioned before, drill a hole further up