Carver owners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

houstoncajun

Cadet
Re: Carver owners....

New guy here.... 89 Carver Montego 2557, loving the wide beam....

Houston, tx

paulie&michele

Recruit

89 carver mariner 36' here. Im also new to this forum. Not new to boating though. chicago area. beautiful boating in this neck of thec woods. hahahaha ... sorry about the pun

cabjmb36

Recruit

1984 Riviera 2807

Just bought the boat and are taking her out for our first day trip on Friday (if Lake Michigan will allow us).

Has anyone had experience with leaking ports and how to stop them?

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Just took possession of a 1990 Santego 2767. It is powered by twin 4.3 and it seems a little under powered or it needs a tune up I don't know for sure. Or it could be the props. It's got 13 3/4 x 21 s/s.....

I'm taking it on a 2 week trip on the Rideau Canal. I do most of my boating in the 1000 islands.

river914

Cadet

Hello there I am new to this forum as well. I have a 3207 85 aft cabin runs great love the view from the flybridge. I have been looking for answers for a breaker tripping issue I have when there is a power failure in the marina and when power is restored the breaker trips. Other carver owners in the marina have this same problem are we alone?

This is what is called a power surge. Your breakers are doing what they were designed for, prevent power surges. Jim LeSueur represent a company that manufactures a unit that may solve your problem. You can contact Jim by email at jbl3ecp@yahoo.com. I'm sure he would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

eselgar

Cadet

Hi, New to the forum & new to Carvers. We just bought a 1975 Carver Monterey 3385. Can't find too much out there about this model, but we really like the boat and classic looks. It's been repowered with crusader 5.7 ltrs, and had a recent rebuild of the flybridge.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking boat. I really like the older style lines....makes it look like a motor launch.

river914

Cadet

Good looking boat, it really looks larger than a 33'. I recently took deliver of a '85 3207 that is in great shape. Minor repair on the generator (carborator kit) and she's good to go. I hope this thread continues to grow, there are a lot of good old Carvers out there.

Sea Bar, post some more pictures of your yacht, she really looks good for the year.

eselgar

Cadet

Thanks River914. I downloaded the brochure. Love the '70s pics! Here are a few more pictures. Took her out last weekend and it drove real nice. Can't wait for summer.

Attachments

• Bow.jpg
    Bow.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Engines.jpg
    Engines.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Lower Helm.jpg
    Lower Helm.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • Galley_Salon.jpg
    Galley_Salon.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0

crlr247

Recruit

Hello every one,I have a question about A 1978 carver santa cruz.I need A shift cable [mercontrol 12'] From the fly bridge station to lower station.Please HELP! Ive looked every where.Does any one have a part # or any info on this.Thanks

wolfpuppy

Recruit

Just purchased a 2000 Carver 404 CMY, the "Memory Maker", which is moored at Conley Bottom Marine Resort, Lake Cumberland, Kentucky. Boat has only seen fresh water and is a sweetheart, with only 215 hours on it. Made our move from a SeaRay 270 Sundancer which we have used the last two seasons, and is, also, moored at Conley Bottom. Can't keep 'em both, though, so we'll be selling the SeaRay.

Looking forward to the boating season big time. Have fun, ya'all.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

How much are you asking for the Sea Ray?

Jeff Millay

Recruit

I own one of the smallest Carvers ever made. It is a 2157 Montego. I am in need of both of the zip in side plastic for the camper enclosure. Thanks.

aholgate

Cadet

1988 Carver Voy ager 2807 387 original hours on twin 305 Merc. It's for sale if someone is interested give me a call 603-498-7193.

70monterey

Recruit
1970 Carver Monterey 25'

1970 Carver Monterey 25'

Another newbie. oh well. hi all. I have a 1970 Monterey 25' that I thought was ready to launch. Another mistake made by a newbie. After rebuilt engine, rebuilt stern drive, redoing large sections of the hull and other numerous undertakings it has been in the water. Not for long tho and at any given time. The one problem I am encountering is handling charaterisitics. This boat seems extremely sensitive to any movement on board while under way. Wind also plays havac on it. Is this normal. It has trim tabs which work but are slow. I have never used tabs before so is this normal? I love the lines of the boat and want to keep it but the wife says unless I learn to drive it so that I don't throw her overboard I have to get something she will feel comfortable on. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions. Thanks

Tommyfmu

Seaman
Re: 1970 Carver Monterey 25'

Re: 1970 Carver Monterey 25'

New Carver owner, '96 325 Aft cabin, twin 350XL 5.7 Ltr Crusaders.

70monterey, although your post was 1 1/2 months ago, do you have a single engine and 8.6" beam? I'm anticipating that based on what you wrote. Most single engine boats 'wander' from side to side due to the one props rotation, and if your beam is 8.6' the boat is relatively light so will be subject to weight transfer as people and stuff get moved around the boat.

Best thing is to just get used to how she reacts (the boat, ok maybe your wife too) and drive anticipating how it will react, and take the appropriate action.

wolfpuppy

Recruit

Just purchased a 2000 Carver 404 CMY and my wife and I just love it. We are docked at Conley Bottom Marina, Lake Cumberland, Kentucky. Happy boating to y'all from the 'Memory Maker'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.