any carb people out there

cappinbob

Cadet
i had the carb off my 3.0 omc,didn't remove it completely only unbolted it and layed it over on its side out of the way of replacing the intake manifold.now when i start it, it is running around 1500 rpm's and the idle screw isn't touching the base,checked for leaks, didn't appear to have any,using wd40
any ideas ?
its a holly 2 barrel,1990 OMC

shopguy

Recruit
Re: any carb people out there

If you haven't found the problem yet. Very closely inspect the choke linkage all the way from the blade to the throttle shaft. It sounds like the fast idle cam is stuck in the high idle position. let me know howit goes

cappinbob

Cadet

:eek:ended up the screws on the butterflys were loose not letting them close to idle.:eek:

Bifflefan

Commander

its always a good idea to remove the parts on top of the part your fixing so you can clean and inspect them at that time. thus saving this situation.

also using WD-40 to find a vacum leak, not so good. use starting fluid is better for the leak as when it takes a good sniff the RPM's will jump up thus revealing the leak area. Just be carfull what you spray it at and let the fumes dissapate.