What year and model is my Whaler 13?

brorobin

Recruit
I have acquired a BW from my dad (he wanted to give it to me now rather than leave it to me later...). The small ID plate on the inside aft starboard wall states that the length is 13'4". When my dad got the boat in the mid 70's it had what I assumed to be the original layout. A small starboard console made of wood (from what I read this probably was mahogany). There were two bench seats, one in front of the console and one directly behind it. Wood side rails on each side of the inside about six or seven feet long. A wooden cover to a recessed compartment in the bow. (He later remodeled and added a flat carpet covered wooden floor and rebuilt the console with two movable swivel seats).
The interior has a "aqua blue" color (it does not seem to have been re-painted). At the stern there is a small "well" with a separate drain hole and plug (this does not run the width of the boat).
I read somewhere about a design change that took place in the late 60's or early 70's referred to the "smirk". This did not help me with determining the year or model, because I do not know what the "smirk" is.
I need some help. I plan to restore my BE in the near future.

brorobin

Recruit
Re: What year and model is my Whaler 13?

I found the serial number on the motor well. (Actualy it is covered by a stainless steel plate that my dad installed when the new motor was bolted on, but on the plate he had etched/scribed the serial number.) A call to Boston Whaler customer service and a great conversation with Chuck revealed my boat is a "13 foot Sport" with date of July 5, 1972 and the original desination was to San Carlos Marinia in Fort Myers, FL.

kwikk9

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What year and model is my Whaler 13?

It's great to be a BW owner. Thirty-seven year old records are only a personal phone call away!