looking for other bomber boat owners for info and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: looking for other bomber boat owners for info and pics

Bought this '88 Commander back in April - paint was rough, but only had 245 original hours on 200hp motor. Interior is all original and floor is in decent shape. Some soft spots that I plan to get into once the season ends. Aesthetically, the exterior wasn't bad - original graphics roughly 80% (not bad for an '88). Spent the weekend with a buddy taking some 3M to the paint to bring back some of the original color and gloss. Can't bear the thought of repainting it - going to be difficult to match the original flake.

Nitpicky things abound (center caps for chrome trailer wheel hubs, small cracks in vinyl, soft spots in floor), but otherwise feel like I stole this boat. It does 40+ tacking 5k on 89 octane, and pulls like hell up to that point. Will start posting pics of the interior when I start digging into it, as I've never tackled upholstery before.

Before I do something stupid - are these Bombers worth anything? According to Google, they barely even exist.

View attachment 206936

The photo looks great! FWIW... I sold our bomber 3 years ago for about 3k. The hours were unknown, and the gel coat did not look as good as what I see in the photo. The vinyl was original and was in good shape. We had replaced some of the wood which had rotted. So, I would say they hold there value decently for an older boat. I got alot of heads turned, since you do not see alot of black boats these days.

Enjoy!

-- bk

UncleEvan

Recruit

Thanks for the input, Bryan - the image of your boat and another in a previous thread is what sold this boat for me, as a GIS really only yielded two results - yours and another just like mine . They have great lines for an older boat, and when clean they do turn a lot of heads.

Yours looked to be in pretty good shape, so if $3k is their fair market value, I may not have stolen this boat as much as I originally thought. I was hoping that their rarity added something to the value....oh well...it's a boat, so I should've known. Guess I'll replace the floor and stop at that.

Thanks for the input, Bryan - the image of your boat and another in a previous thread is what sold this boat for me, as a GIS really only yielded two results - yours and another just like mine . They have great lines for an older boat, and when clean they do turn a lot of heads.

Yours looked to be in pretty good shape, so if $3k is their fair market value, I may not have stolen this boat as much as I originally thought. I was hoping that their rarity added something to the value....oh well...it's a boat, so I should've known. Guess I'll replace the floor and stop at that.

Now that you mention the floor, mine had some weak spots.. so that 3k was before the floor.. with no redo of the gel coat and unknown hours. So, you are probably ahead of me in quality. I hope you enjoy the boat!

skoon

Cadet

Anyone looking for info on the fiberking bombers. try this number at Lanier marine 866-607-6616 you can email them pics of your boat at henry@laniermarine.com and they will help you out. they bought some of the fiberking molds, and inventory when they went out of business. best info I have found after days of surfing the net for any info about these boats good luck.

Acidburn

Recruit
1992 bomber

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Acid - This isn't a Show Your Bomber thread. The OP hasn't been around in 4 years, so he doesn't need our help anymore. Thanks any.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.