Taking the Bomber out Sat.

ninja500r

Seaman Apprentice
So I just joined the forum and I was amazed to find a Bomber thread! Well I have a 1987 Bomber Promaster II. It is in pretty good shape. My wife's parents gave it to us last year. They had for a while just sitting uncovered at their house. It needed a good buffing, which I did. It turned out pretty well. I used some 3M fiberglass restorer from Wal-mart. We ran it once last year and it ran OK for not having run in like three years. I found after the maiden voyage that the stator wires were pretty much shot, so I just replaced that Monday along with the rectifier. It has a 1986 Merc75 on it. It runs really well on the muffs at the house so we shall see. The trim motor is completely shot so that needs some help too. I ran it last time with the trim locked in one position. With my wife on the bow it did plane off OK. I think I might get a set of Smart tabs before I fix the trim because I know I will want them anyway and since they are going to cost a lot less than the trim motor I figure I'll try the tabs first and maybe I can put off getting the motor for a while. I am a law student so we don't have a lot of cash to throw around. Long post but I am interested in communicating with other bomber owners. So let's hear from you!!

ncdthree

Cadet
Re: Taking the Bomber out Sat.

Been a while since your post, but I though I'd at least say hello. I recently bought an '83 Bomber Commander 180. It runs good. It has a Mercruiser 470 in it. I just replaced the floor and now have some seats on the way. The project of cosmetics is almost done so I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Let me know how your Bomber is treating you if you still have it.

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Been a while since your post, but I though I'd at least say hello. I recently bought an '83 Bomber Commander 180. It runs good. It has a Mercruiser 470 in it. I just replaced the floor and now have some seats on the way. The project of cosmetics is almost done so I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Let me know how your Bomber is treating you if you still have it.

Just checking in to see how your progress has gone? I am in the middle of a 1979 Commander 180 restore and would love to see some other Commander pics, as they are hard to come by on the internet.

ncdthree

Cadet

Just checking in to see how your progress has gone? I am in the middle of a 1979 Commander 180 restore and would love to see some other Commander pics, as they are hard to come by on the internet.

It appears my photos are too large to post. I'll try to resize and re-try.

ncdthree

Cadet

For the record, my Commander doesn't look anything like the '79 picture you have posted. They must have changed alot by 1983.

Bombercobra224

Recruit

For the record, my Commander doesn't look anything like the '79 picture you have posted. They must have changed alot by 1983.

I agree... I have an 88 Bomber Cobra... The boat in the pics sure looks like a Cobra to me.

skoon

Cadet

Been a while since your post, but I though I'd at least say hello. I recently bought an '83

We have a 90 cobra commander (bomber) we need to redo some of the flooring. We are thinking it would be best to remove the cap and redo all the flooring, any suggestions on the best way to do this. we are new to boating, and this forum. any help would be greatly appreciated.