1994 Monte Carlo -- Portland Oregon area

Jennifer "water-wolf"

Seaman Apprentice
A little over a year ago we purchased a really incredibly maintained '94 MonteCarlo Bowrider with Bimini, front and cabin covers, and foul weather top. Honestly, with one owner and only 301 hours on her, and being stored in a heated garage, it was in better shape than most 3 year old boats I have seen! Mercruiser XL version of the V-6. Added a stainless steel 4 blade prop last yeat and this year just installed a Simrad NSS8 navigation with sonar. We are near Portland Oregon, boat on the Willamette and Columbia rivers....So far no real issues with the boat at all. We had the drive pulled, checked the exhaust baffles, lubed the bearing and U-joints, checked the bellows, etc...mechanic said everthing looked almost new. As I understand it, Bluewater is now made by Reinell, but this one is from the days when Bluewater was located in Springfield Oregon. The boat is kept indoors with winter heating.

If anyone has any suggestions about what we should be keeping an eye on with Bluewaters as they get older, advice will be appreciated.

Here I am at the helm recently on the Columbia River... shows the Simrad mounted to a custom bracket next to the dash. Soon I will be adding an extension to the upper lip of the dash to eliminate reflections of the gauges on the inside of the windscreen at night. Last year I experimented with some cardboard just taped in place and found it wont take much, but it sure does make a difference seeing at night.

simrad_in_our-boat-r.png

Cheers,
Jennifer