Just purchased a 16' Blue Fin

BrooksCrappie

Recruit
Just a minute to introduce myself, the name is Brooks, I live in Central Alabama and I love to Crappie fish, troll for strippers and catch bluegills when I can. I will bass fish when nothing else is biting and I have been known to catch some catfish on occasion.

I picked this one up for $2700 including the 50hp Evinrude.

I just purchased a 1981 Blue Fin, made up in New Paris Indiana. The boat is in great shape for being 32 years old. Someone in the past put a raised casting deck on it, but it appears that they did not use a good marine plywood on it and the carpet on the deck is not in very good shape either. Looks to be more of an office carpet rather than marine. The color also does not even get close to the original color carpet.

The vinyl on the sides appears to be original and is in pretty good shape. Not certain about age of the main deck carpet, but it is in very good shape, it is possible that it is original.

He put a bimini top on it last year and replaced all 4 seats at the same time.

The paint and decals are in very good shape. There are some minor scratches in the paint and there is some fading on the blue gunnels, but all in all, the paint is nice.

It only has one ding in it, but the aluminum has not been compromised. The guy I bought it from hit a rock while fishing the Wheeler dam tailrace.

He had but in a downrigger for trolling. It has two motorized anchor winches, two depth finders, the bilge pump runs, but no livewell. He said the well was gone when he bought it and he thought that it was originally in the area where the casting platform was built. Since I don't fish tournaments, I will just use an ice chest. He threw in a gaff hook, a net and a few dock bouys.

Castingdeck.jpgDownrigger.jpgDrivers.jpgLeft1.jpgLeftTop.jpg

BrooksCrappie

Recruit
Re: Just purchased a 16' Blue Fin

Three more pics of the boat.

These the pics he took of the boat at his house. When I get a chance, I plan on taking some more at my house.

Reardeck.jpgRearview.jpgRightTop.jpg

bassaholic1

Recruit
Re: Just purchased a 16' Blue Fin

Hey i have the same boat as you.. is the capacity plate still readable on yours?

if so do you mind telling me what the capacity and max hp is on it??

would really appreciate it!

thanks