Help and opinions on this BlueFin

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class
Please computer, do not erase this post again before I post.:rolleyes:

Looking for a starcraft I came across this beauty (below). No leaks. Interior is open plywood, assume no motor. Trailer seems good. I\m thinking of offering something over $1K . . . I was hoping for an open bow but we don't have the selection like they have in WI. The decking looks dray and solid as does the transom, thinking of epoxy to seal the deck, rebuild the entire interior design with L-shaped passenger lounge wrapping behind the helm, rubbery-vinyl deck treatment, sand and paint the exterior in a foxy style, like that. Open the decking to make sure there is adequate foamage . . . and then try to find a Johnson motor in the 90-115 range. This boat has no canvas.

Unknown: ability to get a motor at a reasonable cost. Ability to get a set of canvas at a reasonable cost. What to pay for this boat. Model of this boat (can anyone identify the model name for me?)

I have never taken on this kind of project (aside from some deck work on my T-Craft) so I would love to benefit from the experience of any who have been there, done that. Whatcha think? Boat below:

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1