Lots of water when I pull the plug!

Duec66

Cadet
I recently bought my boat from my uncle. I've taken it out twice or about three hours each time so far and when I pull the plug it drains for a good 2 minutes :eek: I replaced the bilge that was not working and still can't figure it out. There are three holes in the back two white and one black. I assume the black is for the livewell dump and the other white is for the livewell intake. I only plug the one thats not hooked to any hoses. I've checked the hull and all the rivets and theres no cracks or holes. Please help

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Lots of water when I pull the plug!

Check the live well hoses real close to see if one is broke or cracked. Check the live well pump. Especially where it goes thru the hull. If nothing obvious, put the plug in and start putting water in the bilge while watching for a leak. The problem area will show up.

Duec66

Cadet
Re: Lots of water when I pull the plug!

Thanks for the reply I found two leaks; one around the plug threads and another from old screw holes for an old transponder. I got a new plug and filled the holes with silicone and now not a drop in the bilge! :D