Need help with ID/specs - 14' Blue Fin aluminum

Bindernut

Seaman
I've got an '80 BlueFin aluminum fishing boat that I'm having problems finding specs on. The spec page here doesn't have any 14' models listed and Blue Fin's current website doesn't have any basic fishing hulls like this listed anymore.

It's a plain aluminum v-bottom tiller. Length=169" beam=63" and has just a basic bench interior. The previous owner had added a small platform up front (from the front bench to the bow) along with a bow-mount troller.

It currently has a 25HP and is super stable but underpowered with two people. I might be in the market for a new motor and would like to upgrade to a 35HP if the boat is spec'd for it.

Bindernut

Seaman
Re: Need help with ID/specs - 14' Blue Fin aluminum

Here's a couple pix of her. If anyone has info on the model I'd appreciate it.
I've currently got the bow platform out while I'm doing some electrical upgrades.

KIGuy52

Petty Officer 1st Class

Same boat I have. Mine says "Spectrum by Blue Fin" on the side. It's actually a Starcraft Seafarer, just sold under a different name.
Good boat. The only one I ever owned that doesn't leak.

Bindernut

Seaman

Starcraft eh? That's good to know. I hit their website and their current 14 S Seafarer still looks nearly identical to mine...27years basically unchanged.

Yup, a great little boat. Nice and stable, even compared to the old S16 Lund I had before. No leaks here yet either, although I did buck a couple loose rivets when I first bought it last summer.

Thanks for the ID!

Spoonthrower

Recruit

Thanks to this post I was able to identify a 12' version of this boat.

newhopepartners

Recruit

I've had my Blue Fin 14' for about 5 years and LOVE it! I bought (2) on a State Surplus Sale and sold one to pay for both! While I replaced the transom, I reinstalled the metal ID tag which rates it up to 35HP. After installing a floor and decks with storage, I mounted a Johnson 25 with remote throttle and steering control with an EZ Glide Stick steering. I also added a CMC power tilt which allows me to trim out the motor for optimal planning and speed. Having said all of this, I have had 3 people (150 lbs +) and planed out just fine after adjusting trim.